AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Module Coding (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   SteamTools (v1.2.0) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=261044)

gabuch2 05-23-2017 17:32

Re: SteamTools (v1.1)

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkshine (Post 2522614)
Then I don't know. I can't reproduce.

Did you updated manually libsteam_api.so? Actually, can you attach it here?
What OS exactly?
Do you have SELinux enabled or similar security software? If so can you disable it temporarily to see if it helps?

I tried under debian/ubuntu without issues. I hope you are not going to say CentOS, there is always trouble with this OS ahah.

PHP Code:

_,met$$$$$gg.           REDACTED

,g$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$P.        OSDebian 8.7 jessie

,g$$P""       """Y$$.".      Kernelx86_64 Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64

,$$P'              `$$$.      Uptime: 83d 1h 28m
  '
,$$P       ,ggs.     `$$b:    Packages: 778

`d$$'     ,$P"'   .    $$$     Shellbash 4.3.30

$$P      d$'     ,    $$P     CPU: Virtual CPU a7769a6388d5 @ 2.4GHz
   $$:      $$.   -    ,d$$'     
RAM1957MB 3965MB

$$\;      Y$b._   _,d$P'
   Y$$.    `.`"Y$$$$P"'

`$$b      "-.__

`Y$$
     `
Y$$.

`$$b.
         `
Y$$b.

`"Y$b._
                `"""" 

File related: libsteam_api.so

Arkshine 05-23-2017 17:37

I've updated my post above.

gabuch2 05-23-2017 20:07

Code:

unIP = 757114009, usPort = 26900, usGamePort = 27123, usQueryPort = 65535, eServerMode = 3, pchVersionString = 1.1.2.2/Stdio

Arkshine 05-24-2017 05:56

Honestly, I'm out of ideas.

- I've fixed the params in Hook_SteamGameServer_Init() and looking at the debug, the values seems correct
- I've fixed a potential issue if you're using SELinux
- I've tested on different OS without issues.

Really I don't understand.
Technically, the engine calls SteamGameServer_Init() in libsteam_api.so, then my module hooks this function (Hook_SteamGameServer_Init) and inside it calls the original function.

Code:

DETOUR_DECL_STATIC6(Hook_SteamGameServer_Init, bool, uint32, unIP, uint16, usPort, uint16, usGamePort, uint16, usQueryPort, EServerMode, eServerMode, const char*, pchVersionString)
{
        auto result = DETOUR_STATIC_CALL(Hook_SteamGameServer_Init)(unIP, usPort, usGamePort, usQueryPort, eServerMode, pchVersionString);
}

The code does nothing special, it simply hooks the function and calls the original function address as it is, then I do stuff afterward.
The crash happens when the original function SteamGameServer_Init is called from my module. Too bad there is no debug in libsteam_api.so, we could have figured out where it crashes. But to crash at this point, all I can think is either there is something wrong the function header (but afaik it's fixed now) or the way is hooked is problematic (can't confirm, can't reproduce).

Today, I've installed a new server (DigitalOcean) specifically with Debian 8.8 and 3.16.0-4-amd64 to try to match your OS, then whatever with the official engine or ReHLDS, the SteamTools module is loading as expected.

What is your host (vultr?)? Also, do you think it would be possible to give me a temporary access so I can look myself in your context, at this point all I can do is to try to figure out what is different. There is definitely something weird/wrong with your server.

brlight 05-27-2017 18:17

I once have issues and it was the kernel I was using, perhaps you should give that a shot

Arkshine 05-28-2017 04:23

I tried on the same kernel as well. I tried different host, different OS, different kernel and could not reproduce the issue. At this point, all I can assume is there is something wrong with his installation.

Arkshine 10-19-2017 14:13

Re: SteamTools (v1.2.0)

v1.2.0, a little update : https://github.com/Arkshine/SteamTools/releases/latest.

gabuch2 01-03-2023 14:49

Is this still working? Steam Tools never seem to connect and the features are never available for use. Steam_SteamServersConnectFailure() and Steam_SteamServersDisconnected() are also never called and there's no related logs.

root88 01-30-2024 08:12

In case someone is looking why it segfaults on current hlds/cstrike version - you need an older steamclient.so, I've taken my from current CS: Source version and it works fine