AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [TF2] Weapon Reverts (v1.3.2, 2023-07-22) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=327281)

bakugo 09-09-2020 13:08

[TF2] Weapon Reverts (v1.3.2, 2023-07-22)

1 Attachment(s)
TF2 Weapon Reverts

This plugin reverts many fun weapons that have been nerfed over the years back to their pre-nerf states. Over 40 weapons are reverted in this plugin, a full list can be read below.
Server owners can choose which weapon reverts they want enabled. For reverts that aren't straight upgrades, each player can also choose to disable them for themselves via a menu.

If you host a server with this plugin, post it below so others can check it out!

List of Reverts
  • Airblast - All flamethrowers' airblast mechanics are reverted to pre-inferno
  • Air Strike - Reverted to pre-toughbreak, no extra blast radius penalty when blast jumping
  • Ambassador - Reverted to pre-inferno, deals full headshot damage (102) at all ranges
  • Atomizer - Reverted to pre-inferno, can always triple jump, taking 10 damage each time
  • Axtinguisher - Reverted to pre-love&war, always deals 195 damage crits to burning targets
  • B.A.S.E. Jumper - Reverted to pre-toughbreak, can redeploy, more air control, fire updraft
  • Baby Face's Blaster - Reverted to pre-gunmettle, no boost loss on damage, only -25% on jump
  • Beggar's Bazooka - Reverted to pre-2013, no radius penalty, misfires don't remove ammo
  • Bonk! Atomic Punch - Reverted to pre-inferno, no longer slows after the effect wears off
  • Booties & Bootlegger - Reverted to pre-matchmaking, shield not required for speed bonus
  • Chargin' Targe - Reverted to pre-toughbreak, 40% blast resistance, afterburn immunity
  • Dead Ringer - Reverted to pre-gunmettle, can pick up ammo, 80% dmg resist for 4s
  • Degreaser - Reverted to pre-toughbreak, full switch speed for all weapons, old penalties
  • Dragon's Fury - Reverted -25% projectile size nerf
  • Enforcer - Reverted to pre-gunmettle, damage bonus while undisguised, no piercing
  • Equalizer & Escape Plan - Merged back together, no healing, no mark-for-death
  • Eviction Notice - Reverted to pre-inferno, no health drain, +20% damage taken
  • Fists of Steel - Reverted to pre-inferno, no healing penalties
  • Flying Guillotine - Reverted to pre-inferno, stun crits, distance mini-crits, no recharge
  • Gloves of Running Urgently - Reverted to pre-inferno, no health drain, marks for death
  • Half-Zatoichi - Reverted to pre-toughbreak, fast switch, old honorbound, full heal, crits
  • Liberty Launcher - Reverted to release, +40% projectile speed, -25% clip size
  • Loch n Load - Reverted to pre-gunmettle, +20% damage against everything
  • Loose Cannon - Reverted to pre-toughbreak, +50% projectile speed, constant 60 dmg impacts
  • Market Gardener - Reverted to pre-toughbreak, no attack speed penalty
  • Pomson 6000 - Increased hitbox size (same as Bison), passes through team, full drains
  • Reserve Shooter - Deals minicrits to airblasted targets again
  • Righteous Bison - Increased hitbox size, can hit the same player more times
  • Sandman - Reverted to pre-inferno, stuns players on hit again
  • Short Circuit - Reverted to post-gunmettle, alt fire destroys projectiles, -cost +speed
  • Shortstop - Reverted reload time to release version, with +40% push force
  • Soda Popper - Reverted to pre-2013, run to build hype and auto gain minicrits
  • Solemn Vow - Reverted to pre-gunmettle, firing speed penalty removed
  • Spy-cicle - Reverted to pre-gunmettle, fire immunity for 3s, silent killer
  • Sticky Jumper - Can have 8 stickies out at once again
  • Sydney Sleeper - Reverted to pre-2018, restored jarate explosion, no headshots
  • Tide Turner - Can deal full crits like other shields again
  • Ullapool Caber - Reverted to pre-gunmettle, always deals 175+ damage on melee explosion
  • Vita-Saw - Reverted to pre-inferno, always preserves up to 20% uber on death
  • Your Eternal Reward - Reverted to pre-inferno, cannot disguise, no cloak drain penalty

Commands
  • !revert, !reverts - Open the reverts menu (contains the below two options)
  • !revertinfo, !revertsinfo - Print the above revert list to your console
  • !revertpick, !revertspick - Turn individual reverts on/off for yourself

Cvars
  • sm_reverts__enable 1/0 (def 1) - Enable the plugin
  • sm_reverts__extras 1/0 (def 0) - Enable some fun extra features (currently includes: announce sandman moonshots to all players)
  • sm_reverts__item_{name} 1/0 (def 1) - Enable individual reverts (see spoiler below for full list)
    Spoiler

Installation
  • Put reverts.smx in the plugins folder
  • Put reverts.txt in the gamedata folder

Requirements
  • TF2Items
  • DHooks (merged into sourcemod v1.11+, no need to install separately)
  • Updater (optional, for auto-updates)

Changelog
  • 1.0.0 (2020-09-09)
    • Initial release
  • 1.1.0 (2020-09-12)
    • Fixed the Ambassador lacking a headshot cooldown
    • Fixed the Soda Popper charging slightly faster than it should
    • Fixed the Short Circuit's alt-fire being completely silent for other players
    • Adjusted the Short Circuit's alt-fire hit detection to be more forgiving at closer range
    • Added a new cvar sm_reverts__extras to enable some fun extra features
  • 1.1.1 (2020-10-08)
    • Fixed the Half Zatoichi always having old honorbound even when its revert is disabled
  • 1.1.2 (2020-10-18)
    • Fixed the non-reverted Half Zatoichi not dealing one-hit kills to wielders of the reverted Half Zatoichi
  • 1.1.3 (2021-06-23)
    • Updated gamedata for compatibility with the 2021-06-22 TF2 update
  • 1.2.0 (2021-11-19)
    • Updated gamedata for compatibility with the 2021-11-15 TF2 update
    • Added auto-update support via the Updater plugin
  • 1.3.0 (2022-07-03)
    • Fixed a server crash that could happen when the Sydney Sleeper causes a Jarate explosion (seems to only happen on SM 1.11+ and Windows)
    • Fixed the Jarate explosion sound not playing when the Sydney Sleeper causes a Jarate explosion (related to the above)
    • Fixed the Half-Zatoichi having increased sword swing range (72 units) instead of the default melee range (48 units) it originally had
  • 1.3.1 (2022-12-10)
    • Updated gamedata for compatibility with the 2022-12-02 TF2 update
    • Fixed players who were on fire while using the parachute repeatedly re-entering any triggers they were touching due to the use of TeleportEntity()
    • Fixed some minor bugs that could affect the player occupying the last player slot on the server
  • 1.3.2 (2023-07-22)
    • Fixed the Your Eternal Reward not disguising on backstab (was quietly broken by the 2022-08-11 TF2 update)
    • Fixed the Ambassador not displaying a headshot kill icon for headshot kills further than 1200 units

Notes & Known Issues
  • Enabling/disabling the plugin in the middle of a map may cause minor inconsistencies and is not recommended, use configs.
  • The ability to pick up dropped weapons can cause inconsistencies, so the plugin force-disables all weapon drops when it's enabled.
  • Running this plugin alongside other plugins that mess with weapon attributes like VSH may lead to unintended effects and is not recommended.
  • The Dead Ringer revert is not 100% accurate - original DR provided 90% incoming damage reduction for 6.5s, with damage taken reducing this duration.
    I have no way of knowing what the original duration reduction formula was, so I have replaced it with 4s of unconditional 80% damage reduction. The initial hit that triggers DR still has 90%.
  • The Short Circuit revert is not 100% accurate - secondary fire removes projectiles in front of you, can be used every 0.25s at the cost of 10 metal and deals 10 damage to players.
  • The Shortstop revert is not 100% accurate - the original did not have increased push force taken, but I decided to keep it because I think it's funny.
  • The Dead Ringer's speed boost sound still plays even when no actual speed boost is given. This is clientside and cannot be avoided.
  • The Sydney Sleeper's teammate extinguish mechanic is a bit janky since I had to recreate it manually.

Ah_Roon 09-10-2020 01:39

Re: [TF2] Weapon Reverts

Wow! Thanks for making this awesome plugin. I was looking for plugins which makes weapon balance pre-Jungle Inferno of TF2 but finally someone made this plugin publicly :)

hode10001 10-04-2020 02:45

Honor does not work properly even when revert Zatoichi is turned off.

bakugo 10-08-2020 03:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by hode10001 (Post 2720140)
Honor does not work properly even when revert Zatoichi is turned off.

Fixed.

hode10001 10-17-2020 22:49

Old Zatoichi can kill normal Zatoichi at once, but normal Zatoichi cannot kill old Zatoichi at once.

bakugo 10-18-2020 08:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by hode10001 (Post 2721740)
Old Zatoichi can kill normal Zatoichi at once, but normal Zatoichi cannot kill old Zatoichi at once.

Fixed

fastmule71 10-30-2020 08:48

Would it be possible to revert the panic attack you know, the load 4 shots and unleash them? If not that's fine.

hode10001 11-21-2020 10:10

If you hit an enemy with Sydney Sleeper, the server seems to crash

bakugo 11-21-2020 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by hode10001 (Post 2725775)
If you hit an enemy with Sydney Sleeper, the server seems to crash

Can't reproduce, do you have a crashlog?

Ah_Roon 11-22-2020 01:53

Can you make Soda Popper 2013 one toggleable? (Replacing with multiple jump instead of mini crit)

Also it seems there is bug with Soda Popper, when gauge is recharged, the mini-crit applies instantly.

hode10001 11-22-2020 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by bakugo (Post 2725777)
Can't reproduce, do you have a crashlog?

The moment hit the enemy, the server crashes, and nothing is written to the log. I'll find out more and write down the cause.

RandomEpic12 12-18-2020 22:06

Hey, just wondering if anybody knew of a server that uses this plug-in that I could play on? I never got to experience these versions of the weapons and I'd really like to.

Saint Heffi 05-01-2021 18:09

If this plugin receives more updates, I have a few recommendations.

Rescue Ranger: Revert so metal is once again no longer required to heal buildings.

Panic Attack: Revert to use "Beggar's Bazooka" mechanics once again (load and fire up to four rounds at once, accuracy decreases with player health).

Darwin's Danger Shield: Revert to old attributes (Bullet damage taken reduced by 15%, explosive damage taken increased by 20%). I personally hated the old DDS, but it feels wrong to leave it out since this mod is all about reverting weapons to their glory days.

All Demoman Shields: Revert so shield bash always does full damage regardless of charge meter drain.

derpdaslerp 07-02-2021 12:13

I've added you to steam to discuss this issue but figured I would also post about it here. I'm on linux with sm version 1.10.

I've installed the required dependencies but when I try to load the reverts.smx plugin I get an error. The rcon call returns with the following:
Code:

L 07/02/2021 - 14:53:25: [SM] Exception reported: Function signature "CTFWeaponBase::PrimaryAttack" was not found.
L 07/02/2021 - 14:53:25: [SM] Blaming: reverts.smx
L 07/02/2021 - 14:53:25: [SM] Call stack trace:
L 07/02/2021 - 14:53:25: [SM]  [0] DHookCreateFromConf
L 07/02/2021 - 14:53:25: [SM]  [1] Line 250, reverts.sp::OnPluginStart
[SM] Plugin reverts.smx failed to reload: Error detected in plugin startup (see error logs).
[SM] Plugin reverts.smx reloaded successfully.

The error log has essentially the same error message but it shows your local file's location like 'C:\Users\Bakugo...'

gummygummydog 07-04-2021 17:54

Not sure if the gamedata is proper or not. Plugin crashes my server as soon as a player joins a class.

bakugo 07-04-2021 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by gummygummydog (Post 2751881)
Not sure if the gamedata is proper or not. Plugin crashes my server as soon as a player joins a class.

Update your sourcemod and any plugins you have that use gamedata txts (including this one).

MisterSpuds 07-26-2021 14:18

Is there a way to check what exact servers use this plugin?

The top page shows how many servers use it but doesn't show the server names/IP. Would love to play some servers that use this plugin!

amdrtopo 08-07-2021 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterSpuds (Post 2753735)
Is there a way to check what exact servers use this plugin?

The top page shows how many servers use it but doesn't show the server names/IP. Would love to play some servers that use this plugin!

For servers listed on Gametracker you can use their search system.
There's also Battlemetrics.com which has a couple more servers but doesn't let you search by variables, you need to use some other search engine.

amdrtopo 08-07-2021 13:38

Made a pic that better shows the plugin's changes. Please check for any mistakes.
https://files.catbox.moe/1kq67e.png

hode10001 12-15-2021 04:40

Re: [TF2] Weapon Reverts (v1.2.0, 2021-11-19)

There is a bug where taking a Civilian pose after the plugin is active makes you invincible.

CupRamen 12-27-2021 16:13

I'm new to server hosting, and I got everything set up correctly, but some items aren't being forced disabled though the commands. I was wondering if I did anything wrong.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...016/revert.png
https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...vertingame.png

bakugo 12-27-2021 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupRamen (Post 2767077)
I'm new to server hosting, and I got everything set up correctly, but some items aren't being forced disabled though the commands. I was wondering if I did anything wrong.

What do you mean? The ones showing up as disabled correspond with the ones you set to 0.

CupRamen 12-28-2021 00:30

Some items are still toggleable by the user when I would want to keep it the same for the entire server

bakugo 12-29-2021 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupRamen (Post 2767100)
Some items are still toggleable by the user when I would want to keep it the same for the entire server

Currently there's no way to force-enable items, only force-disable. I might add this in the future.

CommanderPhoenix 01-09-2022 20:47

Are you planning any other reverts in the future? For example, the Persian Persuader or Quick-Fix?

evilscout 02-18-2022 03:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by CommanderPhoenix (Post 2768105)
Are you planning any other reverts in the future? For example, the Persian Persuader or Quick-Fix?

To add onto this, a powerjack (back when it would overheal heath) revert and a crit-a-cola (25% movespeed on use) revert would also be awesome.

ScherzicScherzo 03-10-2022 00:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilscout (Post 2771805)
To add onto this, a powerjack (back when it would overheal heath) revert and a crit-a-cola (25% movespeed on use) revert would also be awesome.

Along with the Backburner (+50 HP), and the Phlogistinator (90% damage resistance, push immunity, and full heal on taunt)

Curly_Braces 03-19-2022 10:02

Hey, i have a request of this plugin.
Could you add an option to fully revert the Heavy nerf from Love & War ("All mini-guns now have damage and accuracy ramp up after they start firing. Full accuracy and damage is reached 1 second after firing")?
I know that Jungle Inferno made that nerf more bearable by making it only apply when the heavy stops revving instead of every time he stops firing his minigun, but he still feels weak.

If you need help how to implement it, nosoop shared to me a quick explanation of how it could work:
Quote:

What the game does is call CTFMinigun::GetProjectileDamage and CTFMinigun::GetWeaponSpread, which checks how long it's been since the entity started firing, and adjusts the damage and accuracy ramp based on that. I think the simple fix would be to modify the firing start time to something early enough that the ramp up is finished, or hook it and return the result from its superclass.

However, the property isn't synchronized between the server and the client, so unless you apply an attribute to neutralize it in close to real time, the client won't see accurate bullet spread.

Also is this plugin compatible with Rebalanced Fortress 2?

SashaNight 05-14-2022 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by hode10001 (Post 2725877)
The moment hit the enemy, the server crashes, and nothing is written to the log. I'll find out more and write down the cause.

You Sir/Madam are legendary. I was starting to have my theories on the weapons that may have been causing it and after attempting to figure out why TF2 was leaving no logs and google giving super irrelevant answers, you just helped me fix everything.

It would explain why the crashes happened randomly and why it wasn't on kill or anything like that.

But can confirm, that upon disabling Sydney sleeper everything soundly works and has no issues.
Tested multiple times and every time it was the Sydney Sleeper till after disabling that revert.

I have since moved over to Sydney Sleeper extinguish and it works great.

I would commission this mod to be continued and improved!

bakugo 05-14-2022 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by CommanderPhoenix (Post 2768105)

I currently do not plan to add any more reverts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScherzicScherzo (Post 2773656)
Along with the Backburner (+50 HP), and the Phlogistinator (90% damage resistance, push immunity, and full heal on taunt)

See above. Keep in mind that the goal of this plugin was to bring back weapons that became significantly less fun over the years, not just make boring weapons OP again. It specifically targets weapons that encourage more varied and interesting playstyles, the backburner and phlog do the opposite.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curly_Braces (Post 2774710)
Hey, i have a request of this plugin.
Could you add an option to fully revert the Heavy nerf from Love & War ("All mini-guns now have damage and accuracy ramp up after they start firing.

Also is this plugin compatible with Rebalanced Fortress 2?

See above. Regarding compatibility, I'm not sure but it should be fine if you don't modify weapons that this plugin affects. Might also work if you modify weapons after force-disabling them in this plugin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SashaNight (Post 2779409)
But can confirm, that upon disabling Sydney sleeper everything soundly works and has no issues.
Tested multiple times and every time it was the Sydney Sleeper till after disabling that revert.

If you can reliably reproduce a server crash with this plugin, please install Accelerator and post a crash report here. Sydney Sleeper doesn't crash the servers I usually play on so I don't know what the cause is.

bakugo 07-03-2022 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by hode10001 (Post 2725877)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SashaNight (Post 2779409)

I believe I've finally identified and fixed the cause of this crash, it only seems to happen on sourcemod 1.11 and windows so I wasn't able to reproduce it until now.

Damsen 08-28-2022 21:35

Re: [TF2] Weapon Reverts (v1.3.0, 2022-07-03)

Can you solve the issue it has with the dropped weapons inconsistencies? I think it surely can be solved. And what does the inconsistency mean anyway?

bakugo 08-30-2022 04:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damsen (Post 2787627)
Can you solve the issue it has with the dropped weapons inconsistencies? I think it surely can be solved. And what does the inconsistency mean anyway?

The plugin changes how weapons work using a combination of weapon attribute changes and plugin code. Weapon attributes are changed by the plugin when a player first spawns in with their weapons, and if someone else picks up a dropped weapon, it will have the attributes that it had when its original owner spawned. Because the plugin allows some reverts to be disabled on a per-player basis, this means that if you pick up someone else's weapon you can end up with a broken/inconsistent weapon if you have the revert enabled but the other player didn't or vice-versa.

There's probably some way to fix this, but I don't think the dropped weapon mechanic is valuable enough to justify the effort and added complexity. I personally never use it.

blueman420 09-24-2022 07:34

Your Eternal Reward disguise doesn't work at all.

Swampass12 12-05-2022 09:52

crashes as of Vscript update.

nosoop 12-05-2022 22:45

Re: crashes as of Vscript update.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swampass12 (Post 2794472)

Try installing the gamedata from this PR.

If there's any other issues beyond that, do report back.

Swampass12 12-06-2022 17:02

This did the trick. Thanks.

bakugo 12-09-2022 19:34

Re: crashes as of Vscript update.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swampass12 (Post 2794472)

Released an update with the new gamedata and some fixes. I don't think recent updates caused any other issues but I might be wrong, let me know if you find any.

DarkPyro 12-13-2022 20:21

Re: [TF2] Weapon Reverts (v1.3.1, 2022-12-10)

i don't even know what else to say but thank you lol, i am in love with this plugin and my regulars have similar feelings. i have always wanted something like this but never have thought to recreate it in plugin form. this is genius. i run this plugin on all 10 of my tf2 servers but i'll only post a couple if anybody is interested in playing with this plugin!

Code:

semi-serious:
DarkPyro's Mario Kart: 104.153.108.77:27015
DarkPyro's Minecraft World: 74.91.122.227:27015

casual tf2:
DarkPyro's 2Fort Minecraft: 205.178.177.28:27017
DarkPyro's Turbine Revamped: 205.178.177.28:27018

(i chose the most active)

full list of servers: https://play.dpg.tf/

Damsen 02-15-2023 17:07

Re: [TF2] Weapon Reverts (v1.3.1, 2022-12-10)

Didn't the Loch n' Load for Demoman only have 2 pipes instead of 3?
The Soda Popper also used to turn yellow, not purple.
No old Panic Attack?
No pre-nerf mini-guns for Heavy?
Spy used to be as fast as Engineer, Pyro, and Sniper.
The draw speed from every weapon was slower.

These are my remarks so far, as someone who played since 2011 in the Uber update. I remember these clearly.