AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Metamod:Source Questions (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Fake Clients (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=131110)

Adamm 07-01-2010 04:35

Fake Clients

Yes i know a lot of you have an opinion about fake clients and people who do indeed abuse them, and please if you have nothing better to say then flame just don't post at all. Currently i'm looking for a fake client mod (hope i posted in the right section) but have had no luck finding one since the engine update for garrysmod which rendered rf_clients completely useless.

I previously used rf_clients at a low setting (1 - 5) just so people would initially join, then when 10 people were on the server i had an lua script to execute "rf_clients 0" so it would just start to use the current playercount. But since the update to the 2009 engine rf_clients broke and i have had no luck finding a replacement. Not being good with plug-in coding i was hoping someone would be able to fix the old rf_client mod (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=74304) or possibly create a new plug-in just to raise the player-count (no in-game bots or whatnot required, i figure it couldn't be too difficult seeing the simplicity of what is needed?)

Would appreciate and possibly reward anyone who could do myself, and many others a huge favor. I would do it myself but as i am only good with LUA this is not in my division and i believe somewhat impossible in LUA.

Thanks.

Adamm 07-01-2010 04:38

Re: Fake Clients

Argh, knew i posted in the wrong section, should be in metamod plugin requests, would a mod mind moving this please.

Afronanny 07-01-2010 09:05

No. Not happening.

psychonic 07-01-2010 09:19

Fakeclients suck. Therefore, they're perfectly suited for gmod players.

Adamm 07-01-2010 18:21

'Yes i know a lot of you have an opinion about fake clients and people who do indeed abuse them, and please if you have nothing better to say then flame just don't post at all.'

Also please read the whole post before flaming.

Afronanny 07-01-2010 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamm (Post 1225941)
'Yes i know a lot of you have an opinion about fake clients and people who do indeed abuse them, and please if you have nothing better to say then flame just don't post at all.'

Also please read the whole post before flaming.

It's not an opinion, more of an unspoken policy here. The topic of fake clients is generally not up for discussion here. Learn to code. If you explore the HL2SDK a bit, you'll find nearly all you need in order to send the client fake info. If you knew what the "opinion" was, why bother posting on the topic, when you know nobody's going to help you.

Adamm 07-01-2010 19:16

To be honest i don't have the time to, LUA is enough for me at the moment. Thats why i asked if someone more knowledgeable could whip something up then myself and others could even learn from it.

DontWannaName 07-02-2010 16:56

Psss, they just dont want to say that there is no rule against uploading a free fake clients plugin onto the forums for everyone to use... :D

Fakeclients are not the way to get players.

recon0 07-03-2010 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonic (Post 1225476)
Fakeclients suck.

That ^

BAILOPAN 07-03-2010 02:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontWannaName (Post 1226797)
Psss, they just dont want to say that there is no rule against uploading a free fake clients plugin onto the forums for everyone to use... :D

What are you talking about? This is a rule. We don't allow fakeclient plugins because they are poisonous to the ecosystem and deceive players. Yes, there's one posted - it's still there since it's more historical than a working product.

There's a reason Valve is against them and is trying to delist abusive servers.