AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved/Old Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Spawn Attack Punishment (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=54779)

MRG 05-03-2007 15:17

Spawn Attack Punishment

1 Attachment(s)
Spawn Attack Punishment v1.10.3

Description

Punishes a player who attacks an enemy before a set number of seconds from the beginning of the round. Unlike previous such plugins:
  1. Prints 'ATTACK' in center of screen indicating when it is safe to attack. People complained the game timer was off. The message can be disabled.
  2. Also punish people for throwing grenades (not just damage from grenades). Each type of grenade can be individually set.
Cvars
  • atk_timer <seconds> number of seconds to punish for attacking (0 allows attacking)
  • atk_warn <0|1> disables/enables printing of 'ATTACK'
  • atk_hgren <0|1> disables/enables punishment for throwing hand grenades
  • atk_fgren <0|1> disables/enables punishment for throwing flash grenades
  • atk_sgren <0|1> disables/enables punishment for throwing smoke grenades
Updates
  • Switched to pcvars.
  • Fix bug when server has 32 players

Alka 05-03-2007 15:22

Re: Spawn Attack Punishment

Nice...:D,is some kind of anti-rush! :wink: Gj

godlike 05-03-2007 16:10

#include <cstrike> cs only.

and is it possible to change this :

atk_hgren <0|1> disables/enables punishment for throwing hand grenades
atk_fgren <0|1> disables/enables punishment for throwing flash grenades
atk_sgren <0|1> disables/enables punishment for throwing smoke grenades

to

atk_gren <abc>
a = HE
b = FL
c = SM

?

EDIT : use PCVARS
Thats my only comment for this plugin its seem usefull and an improvment to the other spawn plugins. GJ

Skissors 05-09-2007 09:28

shouldnt you rename the thread because spawn attack punishment implies shooting a teammate in spawn.
I would rename it to Rush punishment or something.
Also, what is the punishment?
and i hate to sound like a negative nancy, but wouldnt this sort of let someone run into the other peoples spawn, then shoot them all when the timer is up

MRG 05-09-2007 13:29

I initially wrote this plugin for a server that had a 3-second no attack rule. This was for maps like awp_map where enemies could see and shoot each other directly from their spawn points. Also, players needed at least 3 seconds to run for cover. Not all maps need 3 seconds, most need less. This is why the plugin can be adjusted from 1 to TIME_MAX (51) seconds. It could also be disabled (or enabled) via map config files or manually from the console. I call it the Spawn Attack Punishment because its primary purpose is to prevent spawn killing, although it could be used to prevent rushing on small fy_* maps if that is what someone wants.

The punishment is that the player gets slain, struck by lightning, and thrown through the air (I tried to set it so that if they were throwing a grenade while running, their body would follow the grendade).

As for someone running into the enemy's spawn. I would assume that the enemies would shoot the player when the timer was up.

Hawk552 05-26-2007 10:42

Redundant, unapproved.

kmal2t 06-05-2007 02:48

^^