Thread: amxbans 4.0
View Single Post
YoMama
Old 04-19-2004 , 05:35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller

Now back to the matter at hand

This plugin sounds a lot like something (i believe) KaspiR was working on phpamx I think it was, what exactly are the differences between phpamx and this (other then the fact this already has AMXX support)?
I don't want to be rude, but isn't the documentation clear? Besides that, the *only* reason why this plugin is ported to amxx is because I had lots of requests for this. I don't know Kaspir or whatever he's working on, so I couldn't tell you whether or not it's the same. If Kaspir has documented whatever he's working on then you (as admin approving this plugin?) should be able to tell the differences. If not, please tell me where I can find Kaspir's documentation on his work, and I'll be happy to oblige.

But even if it would be the same, where's the harm in that? imho that just gives people more choice. If all else fails, then I guess I will remove the plugins (and therefor support to amxx); I don't believe that could be the intention.

Now just my two cents; I appreciate your (and with your I mean the amxx team) effort to carry a great (but unfortunatly stranded) concept further. I also understand the reason why one would moderate plugin submissions. But my opinion is that you guys are taking this a bit too far... Who cares if there are more plugins doing the same thing? Who cares if plugins contain bugs. Some people are more active on their projects than others. What if this plugin does not get 'approved' and Kaspir decides to stop working on his project? Or just doesn't give a crap about it being bug ridden? Where would that leave the serveradmins? Why moderating a plugin if you have lots of people in your community who can 'moderate' it for you? If they find any problems, they either post it in the forums and the author fixes them, or the plugin simply won't be used anymore since it contains errors; natural selection, simple as that.

I hope you understand this is not a flame. It's just that I, and lots of other people spend a lot of spare time on these kinds of projects, and I get the feeling that these 'rules' are making it difficult for people who'se only intention is to contribute to the (this) community.

Anyways, This thread was intended for people to download the plugin and give feedback on it. Maybe we should keep it at that. If there's something you need me to accomodate, let me know.

- YoMama
Send a message via ICQ to YoMama