View Single Post
DeathMaster
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-26-2013 , 21:52   Re: [ANY] Traffic to Cash Advertisements
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
I don't see where the plugin is even needed... I stuck the ptp22.com link for the username I signed up with to test this a week ago in my MOTD.txt and it opened it up just fine but the sounds were still playing in the background on people over and over.

here is the site - http://www.paid-to-promote.net/

no affiliate or any referral id just straight to it so you can sign up on your own vs going thru that tf2swapshop which when you use their link to go to paid-to-promote you are using their referral code too.

But again - the sounds keep on playing in the background - I've yet to find a way to stop it without clicking the video to pause it.

Be a great alternative if you could keep the damn sounds from playing and whatever soon as you click continue.
Ill quote the OP for you

"What it does
This plugin opens an ad on a client using their MOTD browser multiple times a minute without ever showing the MOTD page. This should work with any source games that supports the MOTD. Plus it does not interfere with other services such as Pinion that display ads upon joining the server so you can use both."

Simply putting the url in your motd will only get you 1 hit when you can be getting multiple hits over and over. That is exactly what this plugin provides. Also there is no sounds when using this plugin. That issue has been resolved. Something you can't prevent when simply just using the MOTD directly.

Last edited by DeathMaster; 03-26-2013 at 22:02.