View Single Post
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-30-2013 , 10:05   Re: [Non-SP] KeyValues parsers
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigySim View Post
Someone asked me what they thought was a good language for parsing KeyValues for some standalone application. The #1 factor that came to mind was "Does a parser exist for that language?"

Turns out it's harder to find parsers than I thought. I wanted to collect the results of my search in one place, so here goes:

Note: I haven't used or reviewed most of these personally
C++ Valve KeyValues Implementation: KeyValues.h KeyValues.cpp - LOW portability (Requires lots of hl2sdk by default)
C++ SM TextParsers Implementation: TextParsers.h TextParsers.cpp - MEDIUM portability (Linked version is psychonic's GDC fork port)
Node/Javascript: keyvalues-node - Should be portable, but their output format is questionable.
PHP: SourceBans KeyValues/SMC_Parser implementation
C#: SteamKit implementation

Those are my finds thus far. I was hoping for a Python implementation personally, but I couldn't find one. Also: If anyone can give me formatted links for the bitbucket/sm repos that give latest version instead of revisioned version that would be helpful I think.
Valve has an updated version of their KeyValues parser in the Source SDK 2013: KeyValues.h KeyValues.cpp

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-30-2013 at 10:09.