View Single Post
souvikdas95
Old 04-01-2014 , 11:57   Re: Module: CSX Extended [v1.5]
Reply With Quote #48

1. I will still not support force_save_Stats for files other than csstats. This is not a hub. One can create various plugins. Module is meant for a specific purpose only. Open configs/core.ini and edit oneself the name of file. Or Windows have such great features like [CTRL + C] and [CTRL + V] or Linux with "cp". One can become the god in file management in any OS. Why port such ability to gaming module for any reason indeed? The only purpose for it is to save stats before map restart inside the file.

2. As for get_stats_size, check again. it's xmod_get_stats_size. You must look at the way it's registered in AMX_NATIVE info. The function name is different from it's native name

3. The code maybe a little simple but I am more concerned at maintaining a uniformity in the program. In any case, creating a new object is not causing any harm.

Rather read this :

https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Optimizi...d_X_Scripting)

Section : Don't Re-index Arrays

Although it's for plugin coding, the logic still remains the same

ReCheck the definition of GET_PLAYER_POINTER_I

4. True about maxclients thing. It's now corrected. Thanks for the info.

5. For the setting up of stats in push_stats(), you actually don't need to set all stats. I don't know what exactly you were referring to but the following may find your perusal.
  • stats2 is not included. It can be achieved using set_user_stats2 or set_stats2. However, if more people think it should be included in it, then we would add it. Need more reviews on that.
  • I hope you don't mean why not all stats are defined inside push_stats(), just because we're creating a new entry? It's been like that since always and Creating a new Entry automatically clears the stats to 0. The constructor to Stats::Stats() does it. See CPlayer::PutinServer() from old revisions of CSX.

6. Regarding merging, does it matter now? It's always better to keep one's revisions aside unless officially released.

Last edited by souvikdas95; 04-01-2014 at 12:11.