View Single Post
claudiuhks
Yam Inside®™℠
Old 11-27-2015 , 13:47   ★ CS:GO Server's Internet Settings
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, I've got a few CS:GO game servers running,
and a few questions about the Internet settings.

The details of the servers are listed below.

Code:
Maximum players = 36 (def. "32")
Maximum spawn points per team = 18
---
Tick rate = 89 (def. "64", max. "128")
---
Min Update/ Cmd rate = A) 89  B) 64  C) 48  (variable, depending on connected players count)
Max Update rate = A) 89  B) 64  C) 48  (variable, depending on connected players count)
---
Min rate = 30000 (def. "5000")
Max rate = 128000 (def. "0", max. "128000")
---
Net Split rate = 2 (def. "1")
My questions are listed below.

A) Is it OK so sv_mincmdrate, sv_minupdaterate and sv_maxupdaterate change depending on the connected players count? This is intended to avoid the Server's FPS drops. As I see, when a half of the players are dead, server runs at 89 FPS. While they fight and are alive, the server FPS gets down to 50-60 from time to time.
B) I've read on a few websites, VALVe-related information, that net_splitrate 2 is the most optimal setting. Is that correct? Some people have it 1, some others 512, 1024 or even 999999. How net_splitrate must be set?
C) Is it OK so sv_minrate is 30000 and sv_maxrate is 128000? There are some players who have no idea about these client con. vars., and they'll probably use the default value. I don't want these ones to get higher choke or something.

Servers are hosted on the next machines.

A)

Spoiler

B)

Spoiler

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 05-03-2021 at 17:25. Reason: Restore to previous version.
Send a message via MSN to claudiuhks Send a message via Yahoo to claudiuhks Send a message via Skype™ to claudiuhks