View Single Post
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 03-30-2018 , 17:30   Re: [CS:Go] Problem with the situation about !ws / !knife
Reply With Quote #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejziponken View Post
I know some might remove it, but i still think it would stop lots of servers using it since they would have to spread the removed version to all the server owners.
As easy as it is to spread those plugins, as well as the possible "suggestion" for changing core.cfg, as easy it would be to distribute a secondary MM:S/SM set capable of doing the stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejziponken View Post
Also it requires them to remove it for each update, and maybe they could implement it in a way that would require some effort to remove it and have it working. Maybe they could put it in Metamod or the binfiles.
A random SourceMod Pull Request #767, and a random MetaMod Source Pull Request #35.

If you look at these "files changed" sections linked, you're gonna see it will be very easy to take the green lines (added now), and replace them with the red lines (removed now) instead, which would be the task needed to simply revert the change and still allow the plugins to run.

With the open source MM:S and SM, I'm afraid AlliedModders won't be able to provide you with a foolproof solution to the issue.

With your suggestions, about the SM team should do something, we're ending up in the classic "security by obscurity" like way, where you are not actually fixing the problem, but simply camouflaging the problem.

Camouflaging the problem alone won't lead anyone anywhere, except leading the people doing it through a lot of wasted time for nothing.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 03-30-2018 at 17:30.