View Single Post
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 10-14-2019 , 01:29   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Prototype Grenades (1.4) [10-Oct-2019]
Reply With Quote #28

Update coming soon with fixes for the above mentioned issues. Menu to select mode and some new grenade modes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragokas View Post
How to differentiate damage done to common zombies (not specials) ?
I'm trying to hit zombie horde when horde runs next to a chemical grenade, but I can't even with extra high damage values.
Code:
		"damage_physics"		"0.2"		// Damage multiplier against Physics objects.
		"damage_special"		"0.2"		// Damage multiplier against Special Infected.
		"damage_survivors"		"0.1"		// Damage multiplier against Survivors.
		"damage_tank"			"0.1"		// Damage multiplier against the Tank.
		"damage_witch"			"0.1"		// Damage multiplier against the Witch.
		"damage"			"150.0"		// Amount of damage to deal each hit. Damage falls off over range.
		"damage_tick"			"0.5"		// How often to deal damage during the "effect_time".
		"effect_range"			"300.0"		// Distance the effect can influence.
Remember "Damage falls off over range". At 300 units away it will be 1 HP. The closer to the center the more damage. This would do 150.0 damage to common and 15.0 to survivors. This works nicely to kill the common instantly near center. I might use this for the default values.

Quote:
Also, plugin conflicts with gear_transfer. When you press LMB + RMB and somebody accidentally runs past you, you give him a grenade instead of switching the mode.
Menu will be added. Unless someone can recommend a good alternative key combination. Holding shoot + Use is bad because of interacting with objects. Reload key is also used by Gear Transfer.

Quote:
Also, it's very nice to see configs for default "stock" grenade mode, to be able to override them
This is something I'll write as an external plugin.