Thread: Plugin Posting
View Single Post
BAILOPAN
Old 12-06-2004 , 14:28   Plugin Posting

In order to assuage the hordes of people asking for some downloads, I've added an "HL2 Server Plugin" section to the forum so people can begin posting their works.

There's no requirements to posting other than you must provide a download and instructions (although giving source benefits the community).

So if you're eager for basic administration stuff, check out this section - people are already contributing server plugins for admin commands and weapon restriction.

Just a note - these are not "SourceMod" plugins, they are "Server Plugins", that run on Valve's built in Metamod mechanism.

--- More technical stuff ---

I am now proposing a solution to the "how do I make a vdf" file problem that will arise.

Anyone who makes a plugin should distribute a VDF file for their plugin, named after the plugin binary, with the plugin. For clarity, people should also name their plugins with "_sp", for "server plugin". This will help everyone. For example, if I make "myadmin_sp.dll", I should distribute a file called "myadmin_sp.vdf" that has this in it:
Code:
"Plugin"
{
     "file" "myadmin_sp"
}
And then tell people to place that in addons. Hopefully this will reduce the surely upcoming confusion as more plugins are made.

And unless people want to adopt some other standard, I'll promote this one.

Frag on!