View Single Post
tkaway69
Old 02-11-2005 , 07:43  
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkaway69
Actually, Beetle agrees as well. We are not the only ones either. I figure once Valve releases VAC then the others will make Hlguard and yes even Cheating-Death.

"Cheating Death is closed source and requires the client to install something which is very unpopular."

I used to be 100% with Cheating-Death. Our Server used it. We seldom had a full Server but hey... the ones that were in there were on a level playing field. If Cheating Death is made better Than VAC we may revert Back to it.

Hlguard and Cheating-Death = 1 deadly combo against Hacks and unfair scripts.

Oh well we cant even seem to get Source_mod and Vac. Surely Hlg and Cheating-Death are out of the question. The guys over at UnitedAdmins are working on CD for Source. All they will say about a release date is sometime in 2005.

Same for Vac. They say In the Near future.

Source_mod, Sometime in 2005.
This was posted after you brought Vac into the thread. I have Typed the word Vac in the Steam forums till I am blue on the fingertips. Sure Vac is gonna rock. They have had plenty of time to get it right. Oh and it will not be called Vac2 it is simply Vac for Source