View Single Post
spencerguy36
Old 03-02-2006 , 01:02   don't insert commands into metaplugins.ini!

took me a little bit to figure out, but you've got to leave metaplugins.ini empty or else CS won't start, or you'll have errors, etc. bottom line: your plugins won't work.

instead, put the plugin install meta commands at the beginning of your autoexec.cfg file in your cstrike\cfg folder like so:

meta load addons\mani_admin_plugin\bin\mani_admin_plugi n_mm
exec mani_server.cfg
meta load addons\statsmeminimum_mm\bin\statsmeminimum_m m
exec smm_settings.cfg
meta load addons\vip_mm\bin\vip_mm

works perfectly in my setup. don't worry either, when you're not running a listenserver, metamod won't load, and the commands in your autoexec simply won't register, so you'll still be able to play CS:S as normal (whatever "normal" is...) hope this helps some of you. Gotta say i was pretty stoked when I figured it out.

[edit]
also, i think it bears saying that to run a listen server with metamod you will have to start CS:S through the sourcemm.bat file every time. So make sure you have a shortcut to sourcemm.bat someplace where it's easy to get to. I have one on my deskstop, and it works great.

(l. duke, you might want to think about reflecting this in the readme, because as it is I initially thought that those were instructions simply for installation, not play. btw thanks man, this is a life saver)
[/edit]
Send a message via AIM to spencerguy36 Send a message via MSN to spencerguy36