View Single Post
lex_talionis
Old 03-22-2006 , 09:02  

Update:

Windows with no other mods (except what's listed below) and FF is off.

meta list
-Id- Name Version Author Status
[01] ZombieMod 0.9.6b c0ldfyr3 RUN
[02] Mani Admin Plug 1.2Beta Mani RUN

Alright, I put 9.6b on last night and assumed that the materials and models files didn't change so didn't copy them over.

Honestly not much has changed from previous version and accounts. I must ask the testers about the zombie cvars. Where do you put them in a config file? I currently have a zombie.cfg file in my /cfg folder and have exec zombie.cfg in my server.cfg, is this correct?

Current cvar settings:

Code:
zombie_model_file "cfg/zombiemod/models.cfg" // File with list of models to use for zombie mod
zombie_download_file "cfg/zombiemod/downloads.cfg" // File with list of materials etc to download.
zombie_sound_rand 90    // How often zombies play zombie sounds.  default 50
zombie_health  2700    // Health that zombies get. default 2500
zombie_maxspeed  600.0    // The speed that zombies travel at. default 190.0
zombie_fov  125    // Field of vision of the zombies. Normal human FOV is 90.
zombie_knockback 1    // The knockback multiplier of zombies. Set to 0 to disable knockback.
zombie_restrictions "rifles m249"   // Space separated list of guns that are restricted during zombie mode. rifles m249
zombie_dark  0    // Makes maps very dark if enabled. If disabled, the map doesn't have to be reloaded to start zombiemode
zombie_bonus  1    // Add frags for zombifying other players.
zombie_teams  0    // Sets teams Humans = CT; Zombies = T (Experimental !)
zombie_respawn  1    // If enabled, when humans are killed, they respawn after a set amount of time.
zombie_respawn_delay 1    // Time before players are respawned in autorespawn mode
zombie_max_ammo  1    // If enabled, ammo is unlimited.
zombie_talk  0    // If enabled, zombies can only voice with zombies and humans with humans.
zombie_suicide  1    // When 1, disables players from suiciding.
zombie_suicide_text "Dont be an asshole."  // Text for suiciding assholes.
Notice, speed is set at 600. I don't believe they are any faster. Can a tester post their cvar settings?

Okay, now for the anomalies:

Pretty much the same as my post above.

If a Zombie T knifes a regular CT it kills him rather than turning him into a Zombie and vice/versa.

Here's some forum and console chat from test players:

Code:
19:29:04 (Console) Console                        : is zombie still working?
19:29:15 (     CT) empty                          : yea
19:29:16 (      T) Cyjoki                         : he has a shotty
19:29:16 (      T) Den                            : we can kill each other again
19:29:22 (     CT) |SlAiN|ThEIrOnYIs_ToMuCh       : ahhaha
19:29:25 (      T) Den                            : and zombies keep pickin stuff up
Cyjoki                         : Lex, if you smash the weapon selection key as a zombie, it will let you have the weapon, but not show it
19:29:41 (      T) Cyjoki                         : in your hands
19:29:50 (      T) Cyjoki                         : I was inf. autoshotting everyone as a Zombie
19:29:50 (      T) Den                            : its because its in fov 120
19:30:06 (      T) Den                            : you cant see weapons in any other fov besides 90
Code:
Cyjoki said:  I played for awhile. 

There seems to be some coding issues with the new-map original zombie spawning. You were there when we couldn't get one to spawn. I think something needs to disable ZombieMode and then Re-Enable it at the beginning of every round. 

Also, the crouched original zombie seems to keep its gun, which is really annoying. 

Edit - There is a serious bug that allows zombies to use guns. If you press the weapon select key *ex. 1, 2, 3, 4.* you will have the gun out and be able to shoot it, but you just cant see it since your FOV is on 120 in zombie mode.
Additionally, there are times when I disable zombie mode and there are no zombies and all CT's and T's are immortal and thus they have to use kill in console. I may have this logic backwards, i.e. if zombie is off and I turn it on, and no zombies spawn etc.

Some questions...
1. When Zombiemod is enabled, does it stay enabled round-after-round and even at map change? I want to keep Zombie enabled 24/7 for testing.
2. Is there a way to enable Zombiemod at server start-up? I had one crashed logged at 3:24am this morning and my custom server monitor restarted the server and it came up in non-Zombiemod mode.

That's it for now.
Thanks,
Lex