View Single Post
pRED*
Old 06-30-2007 , 22:16   [(probably not)USEFUL FUNCTION] Find Next/Previous Player
Reply With Quote #1

Two stocks I made for my rate checker plugin.
Find a Next or Previous player (based on their id num).

I used it for the next and previous buttons on the rate menu, you, probably wont use it at all, but I posted it anyway.

Code:
/**  * Finds the Next Non bot connected player (based on id number)  *  * @param player        Id number of the current player  * @return              Id of next player or -1 for failure  */ stock FindNextPlayer(player) {     new maxclients=GetMaxClients()     new temp=player         do     {         temp++         if (temp>maxclients)             temp=1                 //been all the way around without finding.         //quit with an error to prevent infinite loop         if (temp==player)             return -1     }     while (!(IsClientInGame(temp) && !IsFakeClient(temp)))         return temp } /**  * Finds the Previous Non bot connected player (based on id number)  *  * @param player        Id number of the current player  * @return              Id of previous player or -1 for failure  */ stock FindPrevPlayer(player) {     new maxclients=GetMaxClients()     new temp=player         do     {         temp--         if (temp<1)             temp=maxclients         //been all the way around without finding.         //quit with an error to prevent infinite loop         if (temp==player)             return -1     }     while (!(IsClientInGame(temp) && !IsFakeClient(temp)))         return temp }