View Single Post
ferret
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-04-2008 , 12:36   Re: Custom Grenade Sounds . . Tactical OPS like
Reply With Quote #27

It should be possible to block Fire in the Hole, but it might not be particular easy to block it ONLY for he_grenade, since weapon_fire comes after. I'll post more once I'm home from work.

The RadioText bitbuffer, from what I've been able to figure out from here with a little help from BAIL since my resources are limited has the following parameters:

byte - Source of the radio, client index
byte - Probably the radio message id. There should be a list of these on the client
5 strings - Tokens and data for the client to format into the radio message. The first one is always #Game_radio_location in CSS. This is the token for "player location" and gets replaced by the appropriate location based on the players language settings.

The second int is probably the only thing you need. I don't have access to CSS client files so have't been able to do anything further on that. I have seen the file before though and know it exists. I may have the two bytes backwards, but I believe client index is first.

RadioText is not fully defined in the SDK since HL2MP doesn't use it. It isn't registered in hl2mp_usermessages but is in sdk_usermessages

Last edited by ferret; 01-04-2008 at 12:39.