View Single Post
lukiuz
BANNED
Old 05-26-2009 , 15:01   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shine771 View Post
I don't want to be the one bringing the bad news, but i made an Zombie AI. I made it to seek targets and Eat them. If player dies, gets eaten, gets out of distance or gets out of zombies sight it'll try to find another target if he can't he'll just stand idle. It supports animations aka model sequences and attack. But the Big problem is that even without a complete AI 7+ zombies start to lag the server. +5-10 ping for every zombie. You can't get the same effect like in l4d.
that plugin or addition you made (idk whats the right thing is it plugin or addict so nvm),
just would be great if the ping would be fixed, also i would like if they would
just stand like idle you said but not out of map like i understanded...

The bot plugin should be like this:

When a bot is spawned it seeks for targets, if the target comes 50m~ and
closer he attacks, like in emotes he runs runs and then slashes him, but if he
gets shot like and gets blowed away (like you hit to head when hes in air and he fly awaayyyyyyyyy)
and so he dont get off map or somphin just stands there, in future it should
run to the same spot where he was shot... Also when dead the bot gets
kicked so he wont spam server slots...
i will edit metamod so it would edit the max models in map stuff, the max alloved is 500 as ir remember, or something close...
well i will make it 999999 so 1player entity is also a model, like if 100bots are 100models, what should the map look? a big crate?
so with that fixed and ping also the bot part would be done... and still about slots, like i would create 16 for cts and 484 for terr. so heres the idea:

max players=32 (16 t / 16 ct)

BUT since BOT`s are terr becouse of zombiness, i create much spawn points, so there would be like in l4d 100++ zm attacks at the moment.

I dont want bots be respawned like kill 100 zm another 100 spawns >.< , i want them be in multiple spots and the plugin to handle the respawns so that
bots would be spawned only in range of 100m~ around the survivors...

well i could talk about ideas for life, but still waiting for replys and other people opinion
Send a message via Skype™ to lukiuz