View Single Post
scarecrow
Old 04-07-2004 , 16:08  

Kaz, the only person linux CS servers helps is the individuals running the servers : D.

I personally just preffer copying and pasting the necesary files from the update to all the servers... just the way I am. One thing that would definatly be useful is if the updating didnt overwrite all of the AMXX files, only the necessary ones. TSC came out with an auto updater back in the day... and it overwrote the entire directory : /. I trust that with BAILOPAN developing the installer it would be more intelligent.

To imbelish on what Zaius was saying... we do believe this would help to make AMXX more mainstream with the server companies who wont put an effort into becoming familiar with the newest AMX product.

You know BAIL, you could even make a business version of this which included some features that only server companies would need and charge for it. We get literally 2-3 ppl daily wanting to know where they can get a basic control panel for their servers, or even wanting ours.

This would both encourage AMXX spread, have a basic version to help noobs, have a corp version to help the suppliers, and help bring in revenue to actually give back a little to the developers who work so hard.

Just a thought, good idea either way.

Shane