View Single Post
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 03-21-2020 , 11:52   [L4D/L4D2] Weapon Fire Modes
Reply With Quote #1

This plugin enables certain automatic weapons to set their fire mode (Single/Burst/Auto)
Pistol and magnum fire modes are also included (Single/Burst/Semi-Auto/Auto)

Desert Rifle is not allowed because of the way it burst fires already.
This plugin is a work in progress and any feedback or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks to Lux & Silvers for coding advice.
Thanks to TimoCop for his Automatic Pistols plugin which gave me a baseline to work with.

PRESS ZOOM KEY TO CHANGE FIRE MODE

Compatibility - Fire modes are saved to the weapon entity, so if you use multiple equipment which uses multiple guns switching them will cause the
fire modes to reset, because every time you switch it becomes a new entity, eventually i will come up with a fix for this.

Automatic Pistols by TimoCop may interfere with this plugins fire modes, if it does let me know and i'll add options to disable fire modes on
Pistols/Magnums in this plugin. Eventually I will add options per gun to enable disable specific guns using fire modes.

Code:
[ v1.0 ]
Initial Release

[ v1.1 ]
Fixed - Mode switch PrintToChat on unsupported weapons

Changed - Weapon checks have been moved around and optimized somewhat.
		  Moved function code from PostThink to OnPlayerRunCmd
		  Renamed plugin file to l4d_weapon_fire_modes(delete v1.0 from your plugins directory)

Features - Added L4D1 support
	       Added late load support

[ v1.2 ]
Fixed - Burst fire for pistols is now as intended
		Burst fire bug when 1 bullet in clip and then reloading

Changed - Reworked most of the function code to optimize and correct the way it was intended to function
		  You must now release the fire button before the gun continues to fire in single and burst mode
		  Optimized some of the code thanks to Silvers suggestions

Features - Added Semi Auto mode for pistols
		   Added Burst mode bullet count option (Dragokas)
		   Added l4d_weapon_fire_modes.cfg

[ v1.3 ]
Fixed - Switching multiple guns in a slot breaks changing fire modes

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 10-18-2021 at 09:02. Reason: Restore to previous version.