View Single Post
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 09-05-2005 , 21:43  
Reply With Quote #18

Is this one of the rapidly changing names or is it a name they just randomly come in with? Just curious.

I'll go ahead and add that to the default set of filters that are supplied with this plugin when I next update the plugin itself. The next version of Restrict Names (it'll be 1.1) is in general testing right now (i.e. on my server without me watching) and I will be doing specific testing (i.e. on my server with me watching and trying specific variations of names and punishments) tomorrow.

As an aside, I know of two different ways to catch and ban the rapid name changing hacks.

The first is a plugin made by Johnny got his Gun. I believe it was written for 1.01 or a very similar version of AMXX. As such, if one is using the latest version of AMXX, I'd do a compare with Johnny's script against the stock 1.01 antiflood script and them apply the changes Johnny made to one's current antiflood.sma file. If this is beyond the abilities of the reader, please disregard.

The second (and what I use) is HLGuard. The latest version [1.8] offers protection against rapid name changers.