View Single Post
soda3000
Old 04-15-2024 , 12:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Stagger Animation - Gravity Allowed (1.4) [10-Jan-2024]
Reply With Quote #8

I really like this plugin and the quality of life it brings.

I have noticed some complications while using it for some time now on my server.

FYI - I typically run the server at 100 tick rate.

Some things I noticed:

1. Occasionally chargers will crash into a wall and stumble, and in doing so will move extremely fast in a seemingly random direction, about 10ft or meters away.
- It almost looks like they are teleporting, but I think it's more like the plugin is perhaps trying to align them on the ground and unintentionally increasing their velocity very quickly.
- Sometimes I believe this applies to survivors who are stumbled by the charger as well, when he hits the wall near them.

2. Stumbling off ledge, instead of getting 'ledged'.
- During a stumble animation, if the survivor happens to stumble off of a hang-spot, they will not hang, but rather fall to their death.
- This is quite annoying if it happens to you, since you are not expecting to be fully dead, just ledged.

Besides these couple things, the plugin seems to work exactly as expected.

Please let me know if you want me to get some footage, and I will try to capture these things on video and post here.

Thanks for your work