View Single Post
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 04-16-2024 , 03:17   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Stagger Animation - Gravity Allowed (1.4) [10-Jan-2024]
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by soda3000 View Post
I have noticed some complications while using it for some time now on my server.
These issues are most likely because the animation when triggered would push players in a specific direction and expect them to be at a certain position when the animation finishes, but because this plugin interrupts the animation they are in a different position then what the game is expecting so they get teleported. I thought I had fixed these issues, I noticed them when making the plugin. I guess that still happens in specific circumstances.

I hope this is being caused by detecting the wrong animation number, or possibly a missing animation number, which would have to be fixed in Left4DHooks. I'll verify them when I get time.

Otherwise I'm not sure what else I could do, especially for ledge hanging, that whole system looks messy. Does it happen every time you stumble off a ledge? I remember testing and it worked fine, but if that always happens then again I'm not sure what could be done. Edit: tested and it would always cause me to ledge hang.

A short video of this happening in either instance or both could be useful, if you have time and capture it.

Maybe I can send you a debug version of Left4DHooks to log animation numbers, do you have discord? PM me.

Last edited by Silvers; 04-21-2024 at 12:01.