View Single Post
ChrisP
Old 05-29-2010 , 23:55   Re: [L4D2] A look at the upcoming XPMod
Reply With Quote #21

There have been complications with the plugin. Dragonzk and I have been too busy with our personal lives to work on attempting to find out why they are occurring by continually testing the mod. This is the reason that XP Mod has not been released.

The problem is that this thing will crash, usually at around the two day mark. Though I am a decent C++ programmer, this is my first coding experience in sourcemod and there are about 15,000 lines of code, a good portion of which are borrowed from various sources provided by the brilliant coders here on the forums. That being said, a huge portion of this code is from Perkmod which has, or at least had when I studied it, a similar problem where it crashes about the two day mark. Honestly though, I cannot see a reason to move forward until this dreadful problem is solved, and I am absolutely lost as to what could be causing the mod to crash. It probably has something to do with the perkmod code that I used, but I'm not sure what talent or bit of code is causing this.

Anyway, I am going to speak with Dragonzk to see if he is willing to release XPMod in its current state so that you guys, if you desire, can help resolve this crashing issue. Maybe if people start playing on it, they might discover what could be causing the plugin to crash the server. I am willing to continue putting this plug-in together, but I won't code in any additional talents until this issue is resolved.

-Chris