Thread: -nls-
View Single Post
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 03-28-2020 , 22:01   Re: [L4D2] Sky's RPGMaker
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
I let someone run this mod before it was publicly-released on their server network; I discovered a while back through a recruiter on LinkedIn that I was apparently a thief, and didn't develop this mod. As it turns out, the fellow was claiming on his LinkedIn page to be the creator/developer.
Interestingly-enough, the individual closed his steamgroup & website the same day I released the source code, publicly.
Wow that's messed up. What is wrong with people? I've seen people selling my code or charging for simple modifications I could have done had I been contacted, not very nice. Well at least you showed them and shut them down.

Yeah object returns with DHooks is currently not supported, although used in a rare few cases it would be handy. There are 2 functions on Linux that Left4DHooks cannot support because they require object returns. Maybe/hopefully in the future when Dynamic Detours is slowed transitioned into SourceMod DHooks it will become available. It seems Windows doesn't exactly have a problem with them but modifying a value would probably be problematic and crash.

Edit: I just wanted to say "Left4DHooks" was a play on the name "Left4Downtown" since it replicates the extension + adds more features, and well I'm not Downtown and it uses DHooks, so naming it L4D seemed more appropriate, and I added L4D_Direct so it became "Left4DHooks Direct". I know it might be confusing for some who are not familiar with it but whatever it is what it is.

Last edited by Silvers; 03-28-2020 at 22:04.