View Single Post
Curly_Braces
Old 03-19-2022 , 10:02   Re: [TF2] Weapon Reverts (v1.2.0, 2021-11-19)
Reply With Quote #28

Hey, i have a request of this plugin.
Could you add an option to fully revert the Heavy nerf from Love & War ("All mini-guns now have damage and accuracy ramp up after they start firing. Full accuracy and damage is reached 1 second after firing")?
I know that Jungle Inferno made that nerf more bearable by making it only apply when the heavy stops revving instead of every time he stops firing his minigun, but he still feels weak.

If you need help how to implement it, nosoop shared to me a quick explanation of how it could work:
Quote:
What the game does is call CTFMinigun::GetProjectileDamage and CTFMinigun::GetWeaponSpread, which checks how long it's been since the entity started firing, and adjusts the damage and accuracy ramp based on that. I think the simple fix would be to modify the firing start time to something early enough that the ramp up is finished, or hook it and return the result from its superclass.

However, the property isn't synchronized between the server and the client, so unless you apply an attribute to neutralize it in close to real time, the client won't see accurate bullet spread.

Also is this plugin compatible with Rebalanced Fortress 2?