This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[ANY] Automatic Group Invite

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Author
Rincewind
BANNED
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
All
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Unapprover:
    Reason for Unapproving:
    Against Steam ToS
    Old 07-19-2010 , 06:31   [ANY] Automatic Group Invite

About
    This plugin invites joining players automatically to a steam group.

The plugin has been created by Gachl some time ago, but it was never released. People were asking him whether he's still selling this plugin, or not. He gave me the old source and told me to remake it and to make sure, not everyone can use it (to prevent spam). Now here it is.

Usage
    This plugin requires Sockets!

ConVars:
    sm_autoinvite_version - Show version
    sm_autoinvite_enable - Enable (1) or disable (0) this plugin.
    REDACTED

To prevent the excessive usage of this plugin, you have to obtain a registration key (it's free). To see how, go to REDACTED.

How it works
    After registration, invite REDACTED to your group, and give him sufficient privileges to invite other people. All invitations will be sent by him.
    When a player joins, the plugin passes your key and the SteamID of the player to a PHP script on REDACTED, the PHP script then invites the user to the group. Magic!

Todo
    - Remove the header of the HTTP answer of the server, so the plugin doesn't spam the console when a player joins.

Versions
    Code:
    19.07.2010    V1.0
     +Created
    Please rate this thread.

Last edited by psychonic; 07-19-2010 at 08:36. Reason: Removed flame edited onto post.
    Thrawn2
    Veteran Member
    Old 07-19-2010 , 07:41   Re: [ANY] Automatic Group Invite

nice work. just registered =]
    +1

BAFFLED
    Old 07-19-2010 , 07:43   Re: [ANY] Automatic Group Invite

There was a reason Gachl's post with this was unapproved (causing him to ragequit the forum and delete all his attachments).

This is a violation of the Steam Terms of Service for whatever account is being used to do the inviting (not to mention that it's spam and rude). This won't be supported here.
    Rincewind
    BANNED
    Old 07-19-2010 , 08:06   Re: [ANY] Automatic Group Invite

Quote:
    Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
    There was a reason Gachl's post with this was unapproved
    yes, he was using a different license, which was disallowed in AlliedMods. What does that have to do with me?

Quote:
    This is a violation of the Steam Terms of Service
    You're wrong, it isn't, there is absolutely no passage which could be violated by this plugin.
    Also, disapproving this plugin, because of a Steam Account, what the hell? IF there is something wrong with the steam account, I'm sure valve will do the appropriate steps, there is absolutely no reason to unapprove this plugin.
    Quote:
    not to mention that it's spam
    That is exactly why I did a registration. TO PREVENT SPAM. Duh.
    Quote:
    and rude
    Um, what? This plugin is RUDE? You don't make any sense!

What is this I don't even!
    psychonic

BAFFLED
    Old 07-19-2010 , 08:07   Re: [ANY] Automatic Group Invite

I think you're missing a key point of what I said.

Quote:
    This won't be supported here.
    psychonic

BAFFLED
    Old 07-19-2010 , 08:26   Re: [ANY] Automatic Group Invite

In addition:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    You're wrong, it isn't, there is absolutely no passage which could be violated by this plugin.
    I'm pretty sure that falls under
    Quote:
    You will not:
    • Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents to do the same.
    • Use any material or information, including images or photographs, via Steam in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party.
    • Upload files that contain viruses, trojan horses, worms, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer or property of another.
    • Institute attacks upon a Steam server or otherwise disrupt Steam.
    • Use Steam in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
    • Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
    • Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying Steam services, software or other content.
    • Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses.
    • Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
    • Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
    Rincewind
    BANNED
    Old 07-19-2010 , 08:32   Re: [ANY] Automatic Group Invite

Quote:
    Use Steam in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
    see the problem we're having here at the moment is that you think this steam account might be a violation against the steam ToS. I kinda agree with you, this is possible. BUT, and now here comes the part where you are wrong: The plugin is not a violation.
    The plugin does nothing (as in NOTHING) more than calling a php script on a server with two parameters (and it's not even a steam server). Is that a violation against SOMETHING?
    If you don't like the steam account, I frankly don't care, but the steam account has absolutely nothing to do with the plugin. People can use the plugin without the steam account (it just doesn't make any sense).

You see what I mean? Plugin fine - account maybe not, but that's not of your or alliedmods business.
    psychonic

BAFFLED
    Old 07-19-2010 , 08:33   Re: [ANY] Automatic Group Invite

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...51&postcount=5
    psychonic

BAFFLED
    Old 07-19-2010 , 08:36   Re: [ANY] Automatic Group Invite

Also, editing your first post to flame moderators is a good way to get the topic locked.
    Closed Thread