This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Sourcemod with TF2 no longer works for me (Windows)

Post New Thread Reply   

sarysa
Old 09-19-2014 , 04:01   Sourcemod with TF2 no longer works for me (Windows)
Reply With Quote #1

I'd taken a break from development for about a month or longer. Updated my test server (multiple TF2 updates at once, I know) and launched said server...and it crashed pointing to metamod's DLL as a culprit.

So I tried updating to the latest (as of today) metamod and sourcemod, writing over existing files. It loads, then quickly shuts down. This only happens when metamod and sourcemod are installed. If I rename my addons directory, everything works fine.

I'm no stranger to the touchiness of modding so I went with the nuclear option -- backed up everything of course but otherwise, deleted everything except steamcmd and my batch file. Reinstalled the entire server. Like before, without metamod/sourcemod, it works fine. After adding metamod and sourcemod fresh (not copied from my backup), I get the same symptoms as in the previous paragraph. It was hard to get a screen cap since the server window closes itself quickly so here's all I can show:

Not sure if that's from metamod or the server. No help from stderr either. Just looks like this:
Using breakpad crash handler
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 440
Forcing breakpad minidump interfaces to load
Looking up breakpad interfaces from steamclient
Calling BreakpadMiniDumpSystemInit

Kinda screwed if I can't figure this out...I've already done the nuclear option, after all...
Is there a way to force the server to not immediately close the window so I can actually see the error messages?

Oh, the timing of the crash for all cases (old SM and new SM) was around after it'd say...
Network: IP 192.168.blah.blah, mode MP, etc.

Last edited by sarysa; 09-19-2014 at 04:51.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 09-19-2014 , 04:06   Re: Sourcemod with TF2 no longer works for me (Windows)
Reply With Quote #2

You say that you are using the "latest" versions of Metamod and Sourcemod. What are the actual version numbers you are downloading?
Old 09-19-2014 , 04:07   Re: Sourcemod with TF2 no longer works for me (Windows)
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarysa View Post
So I tried updating to the latest (as of today) metamod and sourcemod
Latest snapshot, or latest release? (post console output for "sm version" and "meta version")
Old 09-19-2014 , 04:22   Re: Sourcemod with TF2 no longer works for me (Windows)
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswallen View Post
Latest snapshot, or latest release? (post console output for "sm version" and "meta version")
Err, how can he post console output if srcds crashes almost instantly?
Old 09-19-2014 , 04:25   Re: Sourcemod with TF2 no longer works for me (Windows)
Reply With Quote #5

By latest version I mean:
SM: 1.6.1
MM: 1.10.2

I redownloaded them today.
Old 09-19-2014 , 04:31   Re: Sourcemod with TF2 no longer works for me (Windows)
Reply With Quote #6

By the way, here's the original problem that prompted me to upgrade/try a fresh reinstall. This only occured with SM 1.5.3 and its corresponding MM. (I believe, it's whatever was most current as of March 24, 2014)

This is not what happens with the current SM/MM, but an older version and both crashes occur around the same time during server execution.

This is not what happens with the current SM/MM, but an older version and both crashes occur around the same time during server execution.

(sorry for the bold spam, I've found that whenever I jump between different subtopics, people get confused, heh)
Old 09-19-2014 , 04:52   Re: Sourcemod with TF2 no longer works for me (Windows)
Reply With Quote #7

I managed to get a better printout by expanding the window and printscreening quickly. These errors might actually be more useful now:

Rather than quadruple post, another edit:
If I only install metamod but not sourcemod, the same thing happens...which means it's a problem with metamod.
Crap.

Last edited by sarysa; 09-19-2014 at 05:00.
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 09-19-2014 , 05:01   Re: Sourcemod with TF2 no longer works for me (Windows)
Reply With Quote #8

Try installing a snapshot

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
sarysa
Old 09-19-2014 , 05:10   Re: Sourcemod with TF2 no longer works for me (Windows)
Reply With Quote #9

Yeah, thanks to friagram I've discovered that the latest snapshot of 1.10.3 from here
http://www.sourcemm.net/mmsdrop/1.10/
works. I hope I can find a corresponding sourcemod to go with it.
Old 09-19-2014 , 05:19   Re: Sourcemod with TF2 no longer works for me (Windows)
Reply With Quote #10

Metamod Snapshots: http://sourcemm.net/snapshots
Sourcemod Snapshots: http://www.sourcemod.net/snapshots.php

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).