This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

SourcePawn Installer

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-11-2013 , 02:12   Re: SourcePawn Installer
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajr1234 View Post
Hmm, I have not used Pawn Studio, but from the pictures it looks nice.

I wrote a Visual Studio extension with Intellisense support a while back, but that project died because I couldn't get breakpoints to work properly. I went the long way around and wrote a SourceMod extension to inject debugger breaks but that only screwed things up. Although, it had a nice real-time compilation feature. One painful part of it was you needed to create a new vc++ project and change the compiler in the build setup manually and go back to the extension's options and locate the sourcepawn compiler. The benefit of the pain was you'd get to use Visual Studio's thousands of features like refactoring (which only partially worked) and whatnot. Simply put, it's a big pain to add a new language to Visual Studio. Thus, it was abandoned for something more simple.
VS has specific things you need to do to build new language support into it. Specifically, Developing a Language Service... it helps if you take a look at the Pytools sound code.

I started working on one as well, but the Python support literally parses commands character by character, and their documentation on processing "include"-like structures was basically non-existent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajr1234 View Post
My experiences with IDEs: there's no need for an IDE when it comes to pawn scripts; something really simple and straightforward like NotePad++ does the job well.
The problem with Notepad++ is that it doesn't have auto-completes for included files. Which is why I still use PawnStudio.

Last edited by Powerlord; 02-11-2013 at 02:15.
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 02-11-2013 , 09:20   SourcePawn Installer
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
The problem with Notepad++ is that it doesn't have auto-completes for included files. Which is why I still use PawnStudio.
Someone in the long NP++ thread posted a plugin that parses your include files and creates your user-defined language files. I used it, tweaked the results a little, and I now have NP++ support for all the includes I've downloaded (which is a lot).
Old 02-11-2013 , 21:58   Re: SourcePawn Installer
Reply With Quote #13

I can't find any settings to set up the compiler in notepad++, how do you compile with it?
Will notepad++ be able to read from all sourcemod includes or not? Do I have to configurate that too?

Working on:
[CSGO/CSS] Mmorpg - an extensive XP/level modulair platform
Progress: [♣♣♣♣♣♣♣|♣♣♣]
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 02-11-2013 , 22:10   Re: SourcePawn Installer
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker07 View Post
I can't find any settings to set up the compiler in notepad++, how do you compile with it?
Will notepad++ be able to read from all sourcemod includes or not? Do I have to configurate that too?
You use the NppExec plugin to make Notepad++ execute the SourcePawn compiler. Here's the script you'd use:

Code:
cls
npp_save
"C:\path\to\spcomp.exe" "$(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)" -o"C:\path\to\destination\$(NAME_PART).smx"