This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Low-Ping Kicker

Post New Thread Reply   

rymort
Old 02-18-2005 , 09:33  
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by philman213
I still dont get whats wrong with people with low ping.
hey dumbass, read the description, dial-up server.

I used to be on dial up, and i always got owned but lpb's and there called lpb's here in canada too. funny, the U.S. seams to not know anything again.

dial-up means high pings, if oyu have a lowpinger in your server he's going to have the advantage to have a first few shots in before u see him
Espirit
Old 02-20-2005 , 19:55  
Reply With Quote #12

I use this plugin on our Public Dial up servers , yes we still have dial up for 56k modem players in Aussie because a lot of our outback people cant get DSL yet. Thanks for porting the sma over Darko did well on it I did adjust the sma too 4 scans at 10 secs and lowered the ping kick too 90 ms seems too work a bit quicker on public servers at that, otherwise they were stuck with the LPB player for too long. We dont have anything against dsl players just some servers remain dial up only to ensure a fair playing field.
Send a message via ICQ to Espirit Send a message via MSN to Espirit
Kamikaze
Old 02-21-2005 , 00:35  
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymort
Quote:
Originally Posted by philman213
I still dont get whats wrong with people with low ping.
hey dumbass, read the description, dial-up server.

I used to be on dial up, and i always got owned but lpb's and there called lpb's here in canada too. funny, the U.S. seams to not know anything again.

dial-up means high pings, if oyu have a lowpinger in your server he's going to have the advantage to have a first few shots in before u see him
LOL, I hope someone else asks this so I can rip on them next

Dumb ppl can't read the description, they immediately try to accuse or rip apart a ping set to help dial-up servers (servers for players with dial-up connections only). Don't rip on other countries from one or two ppl, one or two ppl don't represent one country , yes I'm from the US.
Send a message via ICQ to Kamikaze Send a message via AIM to Kamikaze Send a message via MSN to Kamikaze Send a message via Yahoo to Kamikaze
TiMbErLaNd
Old 02-21-2005 , 01:11  
Reply With Quote #14

try using this plugin with some sv_min/maxrate setting to see if can improve yer gameplay even more here is a link to the Counter Strike Team website section on this matter.

http://server.counter-strike.net/ser...how=tweakrates
Kamikaze
Old 02-21-2005 , 14:25  
Reply With Quote #15

Well yea, sv_maxrate and sv_minrate settings work too in a lot of cases but you can get a 50-150 ping with a rate setting of 5000 (highest rate for dial-up connections) on a cable connection if the server is close so there's still a reason for the hpkers and lpkers on AMXX. I've tried it before with a server 100 miles away, I made my rate 4500 and I still got a 60-80 ms ping, if there's not more than 4 ppl playing that is since the rate setting doesn't affect latency in all cases.
Send a message via ICQ to Kamikaze Send a message via AIM to Kamikaze Send a message via MSN to Kamikaze Send a message via Yahoo to Kamikaze
twistedeuphoria
Veteran Member
Old 12-13-2005 , 19:10  
Reply With Quote #16

Choose a category. Old. Moved to Unapproved/Old Plugins forum.