This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

exec Plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 12-09-2004 , 13:58  
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopefish
Quote:
Originally Posted by psymon
Device had so far been teh best to this, only trusting it to those with rcon.
server admins are the ones who install plugins using the command, and they always have rcon. I don't see why binding rcon to the command would make sense (especially since the command is used by scripts, not by people).
Binding clientexec to rcon would help nothing against dumbass serveradmins abusing it.
its not usually the owner of the server abusing it. Its the admins he adds.
Old 12-09-2004 , 15:23  
Reply With Quote #42

I say, if you connect to a server with this kinda bad admins who aint mature enough to administer a server, you won't come back there again and they may have their empty server if they want to.

To get control over you config, I think you should have it read only and edit it manually anyway, the result of this is that no one may do any lasting damage to it, not even halflife (that otherwise likes to rewrite my config and change some options everytime it does).¨

I think that plugins should be able to execute commands on clients (client_cmd), but it shouldnt be an "amx_clexec"-plugin or smilar. This should give the plugin authors the oppertunity to do plugins that makes the client do things, but restricts the functionallity to admins that knows what they are doing and most of thoes may see the consequences of what they are doing.
Send a message via Skype™ to LoWe
HnyBear
Old 12-10-2004 , 03:07  
Reply With Quote #43

I use to do exec bind mouse1 say Bang Bang!!! for no apparent reason then change it back next round.

lol Everyone got a kick out of it.

Now I just do exec say I didn't type this.

LOL makes me crack up when they say what's going on I didn't type that then I do it again.... exec say I didn't type this.

It's all in fun. Enjoy the game don't ruin it.
Send a message via AIM to HnyBear
manorastroman
Old 12-17-2004 , 15:09  
Reply With Quote #44

the only reason why i would need it is for people with offensive names like "hitlers bitch" or sumthing like that. i just do amx_execlient name "S00t3r!!" and only as a joke with my freinds, like making Mouse1 "Im shooting! yay!" etc, etc, never for harm
Old 01-01-2005 , 21:47  
Reply With Quote #45

and what about the really legit stuff? like playing sounds? they require client exec, there is many legit plugins that require it... (luds stuff comes to mind especially)

sure, kill the amx_clexec command or whatever, ban people from posting plugins to do it, im fine with that, people who are not 9 year old kiddies and legitly require it, will make it themselves...
Send a message via MSN to imported_Neo-Vortex
cepiroth
Old 03-27-2005 , 16:44  
Reply With Quote #46

i legitimately need it but have no idea how to make it myself...

i want it for client snapshot's, hlh_spinbot's and other stuff for online source competitions. this command worked great in 1.6.. what admin mod has this built in
vancelorgin
Old 03-27-2005 , 18:05  
Reply With Quote #47

you know you can't retrieve those snapshots right
Old 03-27-2005 , 18:50  
Reply With Quote #48

dude he can ask for them and then when the guy doesn't send them he can just say he's a cheater and kick him
vancelorgin
Old 03-27-2005 , 19:02  
Reply With Quote #49

I know, but people still ask if auto uploading is possible. Die.
Old 03-29-2005 , 08:05  
Reply With Quote #50

i know you cant autoupload without a 3rd party program,

i use the snapshot method in comps, and have it a rule that all players have to send in their screenshot or they die a murderous death

right now im using the mani admin plugin to exec commands, but i would really like one without all the bells and whistles, something a lot simpler :p