This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Mani is back!

Post New Thread Reply   

Nolongerinthegame
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-23-2007 , 07:50   Re: Mani is back!
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret View Post
I almost took this as some sort of attempted flame, but I've decided that the wording is probably unintentional.

While mani returing does mean more competition in regards of a purely admin function, like BAIL said there's totally different goals. Mani provides admin commands. SourceMod provides a tool and base on which to build ANYTHING you could possibly want.

For example.. Mani cannot be used to build something like WC3 mod, while Sourcemod can.

Plenty of people use Mani for their admin, and Sourcemod for other functions, already, and I don't think that will stop.
So are you saying it is possible to use Mani and SOurcemod side-by-side?
sessus
Old 10-23-2007 , 08:20   Re: Mani is back!
Reply With Quote #12

yeah it is like using Mani and EventScripts side by side but with SourceMod rather than ES.

ps: There is a rumour that SM is faster than ES and that ES has currently more scripts ^^, but that is way off topic
Extreme_One
Veteran Member
Old 10-23-2007 , 08:21   Re: Mani is back!
Reply With Quote #13

I'm in a similar situation as Moggie.
Came over to SM when I realised that MANI admin mod was unlikely to be updated. I am still using MANI alongside SM though as there are a couple of features I'm awaiting (coloured bounty, beacon, more team management options) but once SM has all the features I want I'll be dropping the MANI admin system.

Don't get me wrong here, I got on fine with MANI's plugin, but I think SM is far more efficient and makes for a faster, less laggy server with far more scope for customisation.

Thanks for the good times MANI but the future is with SM. (For me and my servers anyway)
Old 10-23-2007 , 09:03   Re: Mani is back!
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_One View Post
Don't get me wrong here, I got on fine with MANI's plugin, but I think SM is far more efficient and makes for a faster, less laggy server with far more scope for customisation.

Thanks for the good times MANI but the future is with SM. (For me and my servers anyway)
I agree, our DOD:S server is running a lot smoother with SM. Cheers.
imported_Anth0ny
Old 10-23-2007 , 10:09   Re: Mani is back!
Reply With Quote #15

i think we must write a petition to Mani for move he's mod to SM platform...
=)
Send a message via ICQ to imported_Anth0ny
BAILOPAN
Old 10-23-2007 , 11:29   Re: Mani is back!
Reply With Quote #16

I don't think Mani has any interest in doing that.
Veteran Member
Old 10-23-2007 , 12:30   Re: Mani is back!
Reply With Quote #17

No he doesn't and let me just put it this way: You can just run Mani for Metamod: Source next to Sourcemod or use one of them as we do on the SourceMod servers.

The good part is that admins now have a choice they can go with Sourcemod, Eventscripts 2.0, Mani or even combine them. All that matters is that most of the plugins can work together or dont break the other and that you can choose exactly what you want (that's by the way the nr.1 reason we at steamfriends switched to sourcemod, next to that sourcebans stuff), cause we want our servers with as less plugins as possible but keeping exactly the things we need.

End result: lag free, full servers with stability.