This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Goon Flame Thread

Post New Thread Reply   

Kickworm
Old 09-12-2004 , 03:14  
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votorx
Lol so we'll call ours the undead mod or something. We already started it because you made yours private. Already ours is better thans yours and we haven't even created the zombies yet. Since we already started it we are finishing it now.
Good job trying to take credit for an idea that isn't even your's chief!

You're nothing more than a worthless cop-off. It doesnt take an ounce of creativity to improve upon someone else's work, and you have no right to brag about how superior your rehashed mod is to apophis'. You're like some idiot 4th grader that steals answers from the closest kid's test; filling in the spaces he left blank, and then claiming to be more intelligent when you're test gets a higher mark than his.

If stealing someone's original work, and rehashing upon it is fair grounds; then what the fuck is stopping people from making their own 'improved' version of the WC3 mod, renaming it "SupercooloriginalCraft 3", and taking complete credit for it? Go ahead and release your copycat mod, and capitalize on it. I really hope you succeed so we can appear from the woodworks, and expose you for the infertile plagiarizer you are.

The least you could fucking do is pay homage to apophis, instead of throwing it in his face. Afterall; It is his mod that gave you your remarkably original idea in the first place.

You worthless faggot.
|2ob
Old 09-12-2004 , 03:59  
Reply With Quote #12

ding ding, set, match.

btw, all AMX & AMXX plugins are registered under the GPL arent they? that means once he released the plugin, anyone can do anything with his code... well as long as they give the original creator 'homage' like the guy above me stated (very well put i must say)
64.247.24.125:27015

Visit Vitrus's Clan Site!

I would put more, but they have a limit on chars
Send a message via AIM to |2ob Send a message via MSN to |2ob
whelk
Old 09-12-2004 , 10:18  
Reply With Quote #13

You know, if you wanted to be part of a zombie mod so bad, you had a million chances to look like a cool guy:

"Apophis, I really like your mod and here's a bugfix for you."
"Apophis, I really like your mod and here's a better model/skin."
"Apophis, I really like your mod and here's a new feature I wrote for it."

Instead, you went the other way:

"Apophis, I really like your mod, so you're a faggot and I hate you and I'm going to rip you off you big faggot just to show I'm so much smarter than you LOLOLOLOLOL!"

It's not too late to take a step back and try to gain some perspective and lose the attitude. You may think you have to continue on acting this way because you've already started and it would be embarrassing to back down at this point, but I assure you that the path you're following now will eventually lead to a spectacular fiery drama-filled self-destruction that will give others much cause for amusement.
Votorx
Old 09-12-2004 , 11:26  
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
?
I'm confused now, I would have sworn I never said I'm stealing his idea. Im simply making a zombie mod and I have no problem giving him credit for coming up with the idea. But basically, just because he now suddenly feels like releasing his zombie mod out of no where doesn't mean I'm going to stop the mod I was making. So if you have a problem with that well then sorry, cause your meaningless babble isn't going to change shit.

BTW, that's all I'm giving him credit for, was coming up with the original idea, since we're doing this from scratch without even taking a look at his plugin well then that's all he deserves.
Twilight Suzuka
bad
Old 09-12-2004 , 11:40  
Reply With Quote #15

Man your all little children.....

Both sides of this are acting irrisponsible. I says, your all little children, and should be treated as such.

NOW ALL OF YOU! BACK TO YOUR CAGES!
Old 09-12-2004 , 15:57  
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votorx
Quote:
?
I'm confused now, I would have sworn I never said I'm stealing his idea. Im simply making a zombie mod and I have no problem giving him credit for coming up with the idea. But basically, just because he now suddenly feels like releasing his zombie mod out of no where doesn't mean I'm going to stop the mod I was making. So if you have a problem with that well then sorry, cause your meaningless babble isn't going to change shit.

BTW, that's all I'm giving him credit for, was coming up with the original idea, since we're doing this from scratch without even taking a look at his plugin well then that's all he deserves.
You don't need to look at his code to steal it, you just have to know how it works. It's funny that your original post about "your idea" sounded exactly like apophis' mod. Obviously you've played it, and liked it enough to make your own. The responsible thing to do would've been to get in contact with apophis, and ask for the code so you can add your own customizations to it. Instead you've taken his idea, and tried to pass it off as your own. That is stealing, and don't even try to deny that. Oh, and for the icing on the cake, you tell him "OUR VERSION WILL PWN YOUR'S!" Well you've really got some fucking nerve.

Now, I know you're going to release it, and i'm not trying to get you to stop. My goal in posting here is to expose you for the thief you are, ridding you of any credibility you have, and I think I've done that. I really don't see why Bailopan would post in our forum in defense of this con-artist, and frankly I think that makes the AMX MOD X team look very unprofessional.

I said what had to be said, and nothing you can say in his defense can convince me otherwise.
yikomaka
Old 09-12-2004 , 17:06  
Reply With Quote #17

Look kid , Ours were giving him credit what more do you want ? us to kiss his ass and record it on tape for you? just shut the fuck up. Im seriously tired of you... were not stealing hence under the gpl all modules are open source that means ANYONE can make modifications of things. Otherwise it be like hey you cant make plugins for amxx your stealing! and two we didnt even look at his code because its all screwed up. We made ours from scratch...
Kickworm
Old 09-12-2004 , 17:27  
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikomaka
Look kid
Haha, real cute. Kid.

Quote:
were giving him credit what more do you want ?
You're giving him credit. Good. What else do I want? Maybe you assholes should respect apophis' work instead of spouting shit like "OUR VERSION WILL PWN YOURS"

Quote:
were not stealing hence under the gpl all modules are open source that means ANYONE can make modifications of things.
This isn't about stealing his code, it's about stealing his Ideas, which are an intellectual property. Sure you have the right to do so, I'm just saying it's shifty, and unethical.

Quote:
we didnt even look at his code because its all screwed up. We made ours from scratch...
As mentioned before: It doesnt matter. You don't need to look at his code to know how his mod works. Anyone who's played it once in his server, and has a general idea of how it works can emulate it without looking at his code. Judging by the description in the original post (the one where it wasnt even mentioned that it was somone else's idea) that's exactly what you did.