This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Official Testing Team

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

QwertyAccess
Veteran Member
Old 04-08-2004 , 00:19  

i just dont release any plugins because i dont think anyone really needs em. I mean comeon who would actually need a plugin that change's a player's cl_forwardspeed cl_backspeed cl_sidespeed, and a plugin that teleport's a person to 4000 4000 4000 in one command? and also im still trying to learn to code im looking forward to spring break -sorry if this is offtopic ;)
Old 04-08-2004 , 01:05  

I wouldnt have a problem testing new things on some servers.
Old 04-08-2004 , 03:42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller
Just a question, Testing Team is like on hold due to the fact the server blew out? That would be understandable, but any clue on when and if finalist or w/e would be selected?
BigBaller, and everyone else...

Thanks to everyone who already reported their interest to us... but please note that this is not a competition but an attempt to improve the development of AMX Mod X to be more "professional".

Normally these type of projects tend to be coder-centric and not functional-focused, but most most server admins only cares about functionality and performance. Even most plugin authors only cares about what functions they can use and not how it is implemented (unless it doesn't work as expected).

By creating a Testing Team, the number of bugs will be reduced in the releases, server admins will spend less time to reconfigure the system due to bugs, we have to answer less questions and can spend more time to fix and enhance the program, ...

Therefore the Test Team will have to be chosen based on how well they can provide test reports, how many servers they have access to, what hardware and OS they have, what mods they are running, how many players they have...

IMPORTANT! Remember that the Development Team of AMX Mod X will not code, maintain, or support plugins and modules published on the forum. We, as a team, are only responsible for the plugins and modules delivered in the AMX Mod X release package. Individual members of the team can be authors and be responsible for other plugins and modules but this is NOT done within the work as a member of the AMX Mod X Development Team.

/XAD
Geesu
Veteran Member
Old 04-08-2004 , 11:12  

I have full access to the following servers:
Windows 2000 Server
Red Hat 9
Red Hat 9 Enterprise
Red Hat 8

I'm all for it
BAILOPAN
Old 04-08-2004 , 11:28  

well spoken XAD. especially since it was your idea ;]
Old 04-08-2004 , 18:56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAD
Thanks to everyone who already reported their interest to us... but please note that this is not a competition but an attempt to improve the development of AMX Mod X to be more "professional".
/XAD
Not a competition? But come on, doubletaps post was sooo manly and impressive . I know I'm definatly impressed.
Veteran Member
Old 04-08-2004 , 19:05  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTap
Maybe "your" mind Qwerty, not mine... as you've seen I try nearly all plugins and pull no punches about what is wrong... like any good admin I want things to A) Work B) Suit my needs C) Have flexibility... Any of those things missing means a guy like me that monitors many sites traffic is opening threads with repeated folks saying "it's broke" (we have those here)... Talking about things that I dont care if a plugin does... someone who wants the plugin rewrote to make it like ANOTHER plugin...

I am learning code by proxy (I even gave my first GOOD coding help today)... lol... I dont want the ports I made to not seem "official" or broke because I didn't learn some code (Though AssKicR daily confuses me in his many efforts to help me). Every port I made runs on my server, and everyone one will eventually be compliant... even my own which has somehow become backburner because I am trying to get other good ports... Some of the busiest threads we have now are folks that released too early...

I don't mind crashing my server when not primetime... if it works for Linux, I will try it regardless of the "complexity" or need for my server. I tested all but 2 of AssKicR's plugins for him, one because it was a grenade plugin which is a known bug, the other because I was (and am) a Beta tester for the PunkAssFraggers {PAF}Hostitron Linux and it has many similar features and finding the hostie HP's is a bear as it is... on a fun server I couldn't have tested it as well as a server that may use standard maps...

In a nutshell... these guys that code are awesome... but they are not too complex... they rule in their arena without a doubt... but they "typically" dont run servers... and what seems great in "theory" dont always work on a server... ESPECIALLY all servers... Don't overdue it man, they may be out off asskissing compound and your stains may leave a mark... HAHAHA !

Vic/DT
When i said it was too complex i ment that as a joke lol.
Anyway im trying to learn small over spring break which for me starts on April 9th
Old 04-10-2004 , 17:15  

I sent in a PM to bail. I run a Windows XP server.
Closed Thread