This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

BF2 Rank Mod 1.5.5 [4/21/11] (pRED*)

Post New Thread Reply   

Scuderia
Old 02-18-2009 , 03:51   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #1011

Hi,

some minor problems here.

I've tried editing the sma file to disable the badgepowers as well as the number of days to reset the rank, and then restart the server, but the changes wasn't logged after the restart.

i've also tried changing the values in-game using amx menu by manually going to the cvars, then going to bf2's cvars, and changing it, but whenever i restart the values revert back to default.

any ways to change the default settings?
sytremelaker
Old 02-19-2009 , 03:34   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #1012

Changing the sma file without recompiling and uploading the new amxx file to your server won't change the values.

Open up your amxx.cfg file in dir cstrike/addons/amxmodx/configs/ place into it the cvars:

Quote:
bf2_active (1|0) - Turns the plugin on or off - Default 1
bf2_badges (1|0) - Turns the badge system on or off - Default 1
bf2_awp (1|0) - Is user given an awp or scout by having the sniper badge - Default 0 (scout)
bf2_xpmultiplier (1|0) - Changes the kill multiplier needed to reach each level - Default 0.1 (15 kills for rank 1, 20k kills for top rank)
bf2_sql (1|0) - Switches between SQL and vault saving - Default 1 (SQL)
bf2_icon_time (float) - Amount of time to display the rank icons for. Default 1.5, 0 to disable icons all together.
bf2_flag_kills (int) - CS flags - How many bf2 points are awarded for capturing a flag
bf2_flag_round_kills - CS flags - How many bf2 points are awarded for winning a round
bf2_flag_match_kills - CS flags - How many bf2 points are awarded for winning the match
bf2_flag_min_players - CS flags - Min number of plays before above points get awarded
bf2_help_url (string) - remote folder where the bf2 web docs are stored (optional) do not include the trailing /
bf2_badgepowers (1|0) - enable/disable the powers for the badgess
bf2_hud_options "abcde"
a Display Health/Armour/Weapon for teammates
b Display Rank for teammates
c Display Rank for enemies
d Hide display for invisible enemies
e Move the display to above peoples heads
After editing to your liking and saving the new file to your server, restart the server and the changes should have taken place.
Send a message via AIM to sytremelaker
Percent
Old 02-19-2009 , 11:48   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #1013

I dont know why but...is their a way to make the Badges work? like i give myself all the badges to test them , then i just try , the invisible stuff the knife stuff and i think the Bonus speed works also ... but then it says after an amount of Badges you suposed to get like 200 armor but then im suposed to spawn wtih like 30 more hp and spawn witha Scout each round but this dont work...anyone could help me i would appreciate Thx

-Percent
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 02-19-2009 , 14:17   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #1014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuderia View Post
I've tried editing the sma file to disable the badgepowers as well as the number of days to reset the rank, and then restart the server, but the changes wasn't logged after the restart.
Well editing the plugin yourself is on you, badge powers can simply be disabled by setting the bf2_badgepowers cvar to 0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuderia View Post
i've also tried changing the values in-game using amx menu by manually going to the cvars, then going to bf2's cvars, and changing it, but whenever i restart the values revert back to default.
Of course not, amx menu does not save the vaules to the amxx.cfg file. If you server restarts changes you made there are lost. If you want permanent changes set the cvars in a config that sets cvars for every map start, this is server operation 101 you should know this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytremelaker View Post
Open up your amxx.cfg file in dir cstrike/addons/amxmodx/configs/ place into it the cvars:
This would be more proper and up to date as you did not comment out all the comments and some cvars have changed or been removed:
Code:
bf2_active 1		//(1|0) - Turns the plugin on or off - Default 1
bf2_badges 1		//(1|0) - Turns the badge system on or off - Default 1
bf2_awp 0		//(1|0) - Is user given an awp or scout by having the sniper badge - Default 0 (scout)
bf2_xpmultiplier 0.1	//(1|0) - Changes the kill multiplier needed to reach each level - Default 0.1 (15 kills for rank 1, 20k kills for top rank)
bf2_icon_time 1.5	//(float) - Amount of time to display the rank icons for. Default 1.5, 0 to disable icons all together.
bf2_flag_kills 2	//(int) - CS flags - How many bf2 points are awarded for capturing a flag
bf2_flag_round_kills 0	//- CS flags - How many bf2 points are awarded for winning a round
bf2_flag_match_kills 0	//- CS flags - How many bf2 points are awarded for winning the match
bf2_flag_min_players 1	//- CS flags - Min number of plays before above points get awarded
bf2_help_url ""		//(string) - remote folder where the bf2 web docs are stored (optional) do not include the trailing /
bf2_badgepowers 1	//(1|0) - enable/disable the powers for the badgess
bf2_hud_options "abcde" //a Display Health/Armour/Weapon for teammates
			//b Display Rank for teammates
			//c Display Rank for enemies
			//d Hide display for invisible enemies
			//e Move the display to above peoples heads 
bf2_reset_days 21	//number of days without playing till xp gets pruned per user (Note: currently nvault saving only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percent View Post
but then it says after an amount of Badges you suposed to get like 200 armor but then im suposed to spawn wtih like 30 more hp and spawn witha Scout each round but this dont work...anyone could help me i would appreciate
Are you running CSDM? if not comment out the define #define CSDM and recompile the plugin.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
Percent
Old 02-19-2009 , 14:25   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittu View Post
Are you running CSDM? if not comment out the define #define CSDM and recompile the plugin.
Nope im not running CSDM , what am i suposed to do with the #define CSDM
not rly sure what to do...

-Percent
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 02-19-2009 , 14:53   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #1016

comment it out... means put // infront of it.

open sma with notepad.
find #define CSDM
comment it out (make it look like this //#define CSDM)
save it.
recompile the plugin. (I'm not explaining this part, compiling a plugin should be basic knowledge if you plan to run a server. Search.)
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
Percent
Old 02-19-2009 , 15:26   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #1017

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittu View Post
comment it out... means put // infront of it.

open sma with notepad.
find #define CSDM
comment it out (make it look like this //#define CSDM)
save it.
recompile the plugin. (I'm not explaining this part, compiling a plugin should be basic knowledge if you plan to run a server. Search.)

Yeah i know how to compile

I did what you said and it now works corectly i have the hp bonus the scout and everything Thanks alot for your help
Rly appreciate it

-Percent

Last edited by Percent; 02-19-2009 at 15:35.
filo
BANNED
Old 02-20-2009 , 16:11   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #1018

The Pictures do not work anymore, can someone reupload it?
Send a message via AIM to filo Send a message via MSN to filo
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 02-25-2009 , 23:33   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #1019

This marker notes the date/time the ownership of this thread has been transferred from pRED* to me.

I will be maintaining this plugin for pRED* as he no longer wishes to support it because he has moved on to SourceMod. Please be aware, I will not be adding new features only bug fixes and coding improvements. This also means that when I get around to updating the plugin, it will require amxx 1.80 or above as I prefer to use improved coding methods only available in newer amxx.

I will try to update the main post with the little bug fixes I have posted throughout this thread asap before I begin to rewrite some code for improvements.
LANrat
Old 03-03-2009 , 21:01   Re: BF2 Rank Mod 1.4.1 (pRED*)
Reply With Quote #1020

How do i get the screen to stop shaking? everyone is complaining about it on my server. where in the sma is the line for this?