This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Frequent Fragger Program

Post New Thread Reply   

cujo67
Old 02-16-2006 , 09:23  
Reply With Quote #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by slurpycof
Quote:
Originally Posted by cujo67
Hey I got a question for ya all.

How do you set the sql.ini to use multiple databases?

I already have amxbans setup in sql.ini, but how can I add a separate database login for frequentfrag?

Right now I have it set to amxbans, so it created a table inside of the amxbans database =))=
You could change the plugin to hard coded if you wanted.
Replace this:
Code:
	new host[64], username[32], password[32], dbname[32], error[32]
	get_cvar_string("amx_sql_host",host,64)
	get_cvar_string("amx_sql_user",username,32)
	get_cvar_string("amx_sql_pass",password,32)
	get_cvar_string("amx_sql_db",dbname,32)
	dbc = dbi_connect(host,username,password,dbname,error,32)
with this:
Code:
dbc = dbi_connect("localhost", "username", "pass", "dbase")
Thanks a million, will try it when I get home from work
Old 02-16-2006 , 10:52  
Reply With Quote #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrka
mhh, atm you have no suggestion, why it not work? It seems, that the plugin have problems to write/read the database, but i have no idea why

btw, great plugin and thats why i want to get it working ;)
It is still working on my server and I know of at least 10 more it works on. Like I said earlier, I am going to go back through the whole thing to make sure it all works and make it cleaner when 1.65 is released. I have found that most people do not know how to use sql or even to tell if they are able to with their host so i think I am going to split it into 2 versions. One will be just for sql and the other will be just for nvault to help relieve the issues.
Trip~Hazard
Old 02-17-2006 , 15:36  
Reply With Quote #133

Yay! I am beat down with SQL. My host doesn't allow persistent connections so some plugins give me a fit. Amxbans will send my server into an unresponsive timeout if it looses connection at map change. Glad to hear you will still look at an nvault version.
Old 02-23-2006 , 21:44  
Reply With Quote #134

I hope it is noted that when you declare and initialize arrays, you do the array length - 1.

EG:
Code:
new host[64], username[32], password[32], dbname[32], error[32]     get_cvar_string("amx_sql_host",host,64)     get_cvar_string("amx_sql_user",username,32)     get_cvar_string("amx_sql_pass",password,32)     get_cvar_string("amx_sql_db",dbname,32)

It should be:
Code:
new host[64], username[32], password[32], dbname[32], error[32]     get_cvar_string("amx_sql_host",host,63)     get_cvar_string("amx_sql_user",username,31)     get_cvar_string("amx_sql_pass",password,31)     get_cvar_string("amx_sql_db",dbname,31)

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!
slurpycof
Old 03-07-2006 , 23:18  
Reply With Quote #135

Please trash this plugin. I will not be supporting it anymore.
Trip~Hazard
Old 03-08-2006 , 10:22  
Reply With Quote #136

Oh no Slurpy. I hate to hear this....this was one plugin I have waited nearly a year on. Before you abandon completely, can you answer this for me?

Back in '05 you posted me:
Quote:
Hey trip, I have been bust lately with the water damage and my old host hosing me. I have a new host that is screaming fast now and I have been setting up the new servers on it. I am testing with hiding the 1 slot on a 21 person server, and it will not let admins join even though there is an extra slot. I think that you may have found the answer for me at the same time as I found it.
You just recently posted the following. How did you get the SQL version to work?
Quote:
It is still working on my server and I know of at least 10 more it works on. Like I said earlier, I am going to go back through the whole thing to make sure it all works and make it cleaner when 1.65 is released.
According to Bailopan, nvault_close is fixed for 1.70. Hopefully your beta will work ok with it now
Quote:
[nvault] nvault_close now works [FIXED]
This is now FIXED as of 1.65, thx BAIL!
Old 03-21-2006 , 15:37  
Reply With Quote #137

Please trash this plugin. After some prodding by triphazard, I created a new version using nvault only and I would like to release it in it's own thread to try to stop confusion with the sql discussions going on in this one.