This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Loyalty Point System

Post New Thread Reply   

Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 08-21-2014 , 21:20   Re: Loyalty Point System
Reply With Quote #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Thanks for the plugin... really nice way of binding the community together.
Now one issue, since Valve changed to a "unique ID" instead of SteamID this plugin doesnt work any longer. Could you please fix this? thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefe View Post
Link or it did not happen.
He means this

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=246705

Last edited by Chdata; 08-21-2014 at 21:20.
Chefe
Old 08-22-2014 , 13:05   Re: Loyalty Point System
Reply With Quote #132

After it did get confirmed early this day I have to make some changes, you are correct sir.

OpenFastDL: openfastdl.net
Open public shared moderated FastDL for free use
Alan
Old 08-23-2014 , 18:20   Re: Loyalty Point System
Reply With Quote #133

Actually after a few testes, I discovered that the plugin tracks lp points just fine but instead of SteamID it uses the "Unique ID" now. Technically the plugin works just fine only the old ID's dont work anymore and lps get lost because the players are recognized under the new UID. I came to an agreement with my fellow community players to actually abandon the old points in favor for the new UID system.

And maybe a future request (if possible) to implement an "happy hour" cvar admins can execute and during that time players get double or tripple the point value until the cvar is turned off by the admins again. Just a thought, would be a nifty feature. ;)
Chefe
Old 08-23-2014 , 20:43   Re: Loyalty Point System
Reply With Quote #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Actually after a few testes, I discovered that the plugin tracks lp points just fine but instead of SteamID it uses the "Unique ID" now. Technically the plugin works just fine only the old ID's dont work anymore and lps get lost because the players are recognized under the new UID. I came to an agreement with my fellow community players to actually abandon the old points in favor for the new UID system.

And maybe a future request (if possible) to implement an "happy hour" cvar admins can execute and during that time players get double or tripple the point value until the cvar is turned off by the admins again. Just a thought, would be a nifty feature. ;)
Of course wouldn't be a problem. I will add a admin command that will convert all old steamids and merge them with the new ones.

OpenFastDL: openfastdl.net
Open public shared moderated FastDL for free use
Alan
Old 08-24-2014 , 05:03   Re: Loyalty Point System
Reply With Quote #135

Quote:
Of course wouldn't be a problem. I will add a admin command that will convert all old steamids and merge them with the new ones.
Great news.
I was just scrolling through the plugins .cfg file and I can nowhere find the option to turn off reserved slots. Everything else can be turned off in the config except the option to buy reserved slots. The thing is, on my server, we give out slots only to our Supporters and they get balance protection and a nice little ingame chat prefix. Now, when people buy reserved slots via the !lp system, they also then get that tag and they get confused. I found a temporary clumsy workaroud - I've set the price of a slot to a gigantic value. Now, Could you please add the option to turn off buying slots? thanks Chefe again for this awesome plugin.
medic917
Old 09-17-2014 , 02:56   Re: Loyalty Point System
Reply With Quote #136

Quote:
Yes I know this problem, occurs if you shut down your server unclean or its crashes. Online player wont get "logged" out, so they get more and more points. Need to fix that, but therefore I need a new table structure (or a simple check at startup as unclean version fix)

Have you fixed this by any chance?

Love your plugin, its so much simpler than other "store" plugins, but this bug is the only reason why I can't use it.
vexyos
Old 09-20-2014 , 16:56   Re: Loyalty Point System
Reply With Quote #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic917 View Post
Have you fixed this by any chance?

Love your plugin, its so much simpler than other "store" plugins, but this bug is the only reason why I can't use it.
Need a fix too, i have this bug too!
medic917
Old 09-24-2014 , 22:50   Re: Loyalty Point System
Reply With Quote #138

I'll ask in the request section later if anyone can help.

To be honest, I probably won't be using this since in the distant future it would be wise to just use the store plugin that everyone else uses. (someone is working on a really nice web panel for it too) I just hope I can get my hands on enough money to have someone port some of my perks so it works with the complex store plugin.
mysty
Old 12-11-2015 , 06:12   Re: Loyalty Point System
Reply With Quote #139

I already enabled the sql manager + threaded thing. It doesen't assign the flag.