This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D2]14th may Valve update causes srcds to crash immediately

Post New Thread Reply   

NiTro1
Old 05-14-2024 , 14:29   Re: [L4D2]14th may Valve update causes srcds to crash immediately
Reply With Quote #11

servers with sourcemod will not start or even stop...sourcemod needs an update

Last edited by NiTro1; 05-14-2024 at 14:30.
Mystik Spiral
Old 05-14-2024 , 14:31   Re: [L4D2]14th may Valve update causes srcds to crash immediately
Reply With Quote #12

The client update states: "Fixed two exploits that could remotely crash servers." Looks like their fix was to crash the server locally! /sarcasm
Old 05-14-2024 , 14:32   Re: [L4D2] Sourcemod crashes during May 14 update
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTro1 View Post
sourcemod is broken after today update
How awful. I hope they will repair it as soon as possible
NiTro1
Old 05-14-2024 , 14:32   Re: [L4D2]14th may Valve update causes srcds to crash immediately
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral View Post
The client update states: "Fixed two exploits that could remotely crash servers." Looks like their fix was to crash the server locally! /sarcasm

lol as always valve push new updates without testing or beta or even care about community that makes this game alive...just wait and soon this game will die and already most of servers are gone or empty all day even no steam servers
Maur0
Old 05-14-2024 , 14:35   Re: [L4D2]14th may Valve update causes srcds to crash immediately
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTro1 View Post
lol as always valve push new updates without testing or beta or even care about community that makes this game alive...just wait and soon this game will die and already most of servers are gone or empty all day even no steam servers
It's the reason why I keep playing L4D2. Sourcemod has a lot of implementation and improves the game much better. Without this tool, it will be less entertaining and more boring as time goes by. There are workshop script mods. But nothing compares it to what Sourcemod has.

I hope they fix it soon.
Dhia
Old 05-14-2024 , 15:04   Discover the world of uninhibited dating.
Reply With Quote #16

Turn casual moments into unforgettable dates – choose the best casual dating site!
One night stands, no obligations.
Real-life Females
Top-notch casual Dating
Old 05-14-2024 , 17:37   Re: [L4D2]14th may Valve update causes srcds to crash immediately
Reply With Quote #17

I am facing the same problem
King_OXO
Old 05-14-2024 , 17:39   Re: [L4D2]14th may Valve update causes srcds to crash immediately
Reply With Quote #18

Valve being valve
Steam: WhiteFire
CaRmilla
Old 05-14-2024 , 17:45   Re: [L4D2]14th may Valve update causes srcds to crash immediately
Reply With Quote #19

We are having the same problem. Applied the update and now the servers don't restart, or better they keep crashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning View Post
I've just updated my linux l4d2 srcds, and now on server launch im immediately crashing. There are reports on the l4d2 discussions that it's related to sourcemod, is there anyone else who is having issues or can confirm this information?

I assume that valve will reverse the update?
Shepard55
Old 05-14-2024 , 18:08   Re: [L4D2]14th may Valve update causes srcds to crash immediately
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaRmilla View Post
We are having the same problem. Applied the update and now the servers don't restart, or better they keep crashing.
Same problem here whenever I start my local host server it just crashes to the desktop right after loading any map