This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

HLDS <-> IRC Bot By Devicenull Updated 11-08-05

Post New Thread Reply   

{NM}Jason
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 04-22-2005 , 14:05  
Reply With Quote #11

its going to be changed .. so no wories ... it's being taken care of ...
Shortly after posting that image, Jason crushed the truck into a ball with his hands, and tossed it over his shoulder.
Send a message via ICQ to {NM}Jason Send a message via AIM to {NM}Jason Send a message via MSN to {NM}Jason Send a message via Yahoo to {NM}Jason
PyRo
Old 04-22-2005 , 14:08  
Reply With Quote #12

Would it be possible to add some more events, like make the bot message IRC whenever somebody TKs someone?
twistedeuphoria
Veteran Member
Old 04-22-2005 , 14:27  
Reply With Quote #13

Yes.
Old 04-22-2005 , 21:16  
Reply With Quote #14

Another request, could you add a basic ignore list function, I've just realised that having 2 of these bots in the one channel isn't a very good idea :mellow:
Ingram
Veteran Member
Old 04-22-2005 , 21:35  
Reply With Quote #15

i might have screwed up, but when i was working on this plugin, it really slowed my server down, mainly on mapchanges. Prehaps you should warn people of that.
{NM}Jason
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 04-22-2005 , 21:45  
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyRo
Another request, could you add a basic ignore list function, I've just realised that having 2 of these bots in the one channel isn't a very good idea :mellow:

it was never ment to Run two servers in one chan ....
Shortly after posting that image, Jason crushed the truck into a ball with his hands, and tossed it over his shoulder.
Send a message via ICQ to {NM}Jason Send a message via AIM to {NM}Jason Send a message via MSN to {NM}Jason Send a message via Yahoo to {NM}Jason
{NM}Jason
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 04-22-2005 , 21:46  
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJkiller
i might have screwed up, but when i was working on this plugin, it really slowed my server down, mainly on mapchanges. Prehaps you should warn people of that.
if ya Mess with some of the strings and lines yeah your going to create some problems ...
PyRo
Old 04-22-2005 , 21:54  
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by {NM}JRBLOODMIST
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyRo

it was never ment to Run two servers in one chan ....
Yeah, at the moment I've got 2 bots in 2 seperate channels, but it would be cool if you would have more than 1 in a channel without them echoing everything the other bot says to the server
twistedeuphoria
Veteran Member
Old 04-22-2005 , 21:57  
Reply With Quote #19

@JJKiller: Map changes aren't affecting me or JR so it's probably your modifications.

@Pyro: Yes, it can be done, for now one bot per channel is the rule.

Edit: Pyro, if it is added, that won't be added until later because the in channel commands will have to be redone to accept a bot name. So one bot per channel will be there for a while.
Old 04-23-2005 , 06:01  
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedeuphoria
@JJKiller: Map changes aren't affecting me or JR so it's probably your modifications.

@Pyro: Yes, it can be done, for now one bot per channel is the rule.

Edit: Pyro, if it is added, that won't be added until later because the in channel commands will have to be redone to accept a bot name. So one bot per channel will be there for a while.
Ok, thanks, I'll probably end up editing the script a bit by hard coding in an if statment so I can have 2 bots in one channel.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I can't keep the bots online the bots are either qutting with the message "Hldsbot by devicenull, get it from www.amxmodx.org" (both are authed) or it's pinging out every 10 mins I'm a complete newb when it comes to AMXX scripting (wrote my first plugin last night), but I know my way around the IRC protocol so I had a quick scan of the source code, but I can't see anything obvious apart from I've not seen the ping counter go above 2 in the output for the irc status command. Do AMXX sockets have a timeout value that could be causing them to close after not recieving any data for x seconds?