This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Super Admin - Override other admin's access when ur playing

Post New Thread Reply   

YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 06-21-2007 , 22:53   Re: Super Admin - Override other admin's access when ur playing
Reply With Quote #11

Um, this just dawned on me today. Shouldn't this be posted in the code snippets since it isn't a plugin?

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
kurian
Old 06-22-2007 , 03:33   Re: Super Admin - Override other admin's access when ur playing
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
Um, this just dawned on me today. Shouldn't this be posted in the code snippets since it isn't a plugin?
Technically yes, but the code snippets contain small sections that you HAVE to expand upon to suit you plugin.

This one is ready to compile right out of the box.

Code snippets usually save people the time of writing commonly used things, or give them things in an optimized form.

This is a fully functional feature that just so happens cannot be in an SMA file.
BANNED
Old 06-22-2007 , 03:43   Re: Super Admin - Override other admin's access when ur playing
Reply With Quote #13

Why would you disable other people's admin just because you came in? To make it clear that you wear the daddy pants around here? If you can trust them to not abuse when you're not there why would you take it away when you can actually watch them?

My suggestion to make this a very useful plugin is to design it to solve the pervasive problem of admins playing map tug-o-war. How it would work is you'd have a ranking system and only the highest ranking admin in the server can change the map. Also NO admin can come in the game (except #1 ranked admin) and change the map until they've been in the server for at least 2 minutes. That's just my 2 cents.

Last edited by kmal2t; 06-22-2007 at 03:47.
kurian
Old 06-22-2007 , 04:46   Re: Super Admin - Override other admin's access when ur playing
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmal2t View Post
Why would you disable other people's admin just because you came in? To make it clear that you wear the daddy pants around here?
Um, yes ??

Quote:
How it would work is you'd have a ranking system and only the highest ranking admin in the server can change the map.
(BTW you can recompile only the plugins you want to restrict such as for map change so that other admin commands can be used by all admins.)

Ranking system will be added. OVERRIDE flag still has absolute power. If Super Admin is not present on the server then other admins are given power in ranking order.
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 06-23-2007 , 03:17   Re: Super Admin - Override other admin's access when ur playing
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Why would you disable other people's admin just because you came in? To make it clear that you wear the daddy pants around here? If you can trust them to not abuse when you're not there why would you take it away when you can actually watch them?
Though I absolutely agree with your statement (there is no reason to ever use this), you should realize some people like to have this. Functionality for this was also included in Admin Mod so someone must have thought it as useful.
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 06-23-2007 , 11:21   Re: Super Admin - Override other admin's access when ur playing
Reply With Quote #16

The method you used here is beyond retarded; not only does it break a lot of other stuff, but it depends on modifying base plugins. It's also redundant, someone did this a while ago.

Unapproved.
Old 06-26-2007, 19:10
iggy_bus
This message has been deleted by iggy_bus.
iggy_bus
BANNED
Old 11-04-2007 , 17:58   Re: Super Admin - Override other admin's access when ur playing
Reply With Quote #17

hmmm, I have been using this on my servers for months without problems.

Purpose of this was an admin trial for new future admins.

I did not want new admins to be able to use amx commands while real admins are there except admin chat so they can communicate and learn.

I called these rookies "Help admins"

And if they show well after some weeks or months they get also "n" flag so they become real admins and can use all commands.

So I do not know what this does when you see the code but I had absolutely no problem witrh a,xx 1.76d.

Now I want to switch to amxx 1.8 but plugins would not compile with this .inc

So I ask if someone (author) would be kind enough to adjust new .inc so it could make superadmins ?
GALANT
Old 01-10-2008 , 02:27   Re: Super Admin - Override other admin's access when ur playing
Reply With Quote #18

Can Someone help me with amx_override_spec cvar, it doesn't work on me (amxx 1.76d). When i write it in console i get message "unknown command", but i know that many other cvars are working even with that message recieving... But i don't have effect when i try to write "amx_override_spec 0", because other admins still get message that super admin is on server(me)(i am of course in spectator in that time)....

And i use amx match deluxe plugin, there is a feature to automatically record a HLTV demo (HLTV starts on my computer, where is the server starts too) and HLTV go to spectators and it's become a Super Admin (i am not on the server). That's why i need get amx_override_spec 0 working.
kurian
Old 01-10-2008 , 02:37   Re: Super Admin - Override other admin's access when ur playing
Reply With Quote #19

Are you sure that you have recompiled all your plugins with the updated amxmisc.inc? Use the 1.76 version if you still have amxmodx 1.76d.

If the cvar doesnt exist, that means your plugins were compiled with an older version before i added the spectator override.
Old 01-10-2008 , 06:57   Re: Super Admin - Override other admin's access when ur playing
Reply With Quote #20

Yes, i am sure. I use your 1.76 version of amxmisc.inc and i recompilled ALL plugins that are runing on my server...
Here is what i get in console if i try to change amx_override_spec:

] amx_override_spec 0
Unknown command: amx_override_spec
] amx_override_spec 1
Unknown command: amx_override_spec

In 1.80 i have the same problem, but 1.80 is so buggy that i prefer 1.76d to it.