This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

BattleField MOD

Post New Thread Reply   

Mini_Midget
Veteran Member
Old 09-04-2006 , 03:52   Re: BattleField MOD
Reply With Quote #11

omg..
10mbs just for the zip to download...
anychance of you making it more smaller?
just use some of the sounds everyone has
cstrike/sounds/ambience: copter.wav
valve/sounds/ambience: biggun1/2/3.wav
jetflyby1.wav
mgunburst1/2/3/4.wav
rifle1/2.wav
valve/sounds/player: breathe1/2.wav
when you call in a air strike or whatever, you need to use a huge explosion sound. Maybe the battlefield6.wav or another one from half life/cstrike.
Some sounds need to stay but some need to go as it is very large. Leave the grenade launcher ones and battlefield5/6/7.wav as they are good and small. I would also suggest you to compress the pilot_fly_by.wav.

btw, here is another class which you might wanna add

Demolishion (Did I spell that right?):
"Fire In The Hole!!!" is what these guys say the most. With their AK47/MP5 grenade launcher, they can take down almost anything in its way. Not only do they a have special primary weapon but they can also carry up to 3 HE grenades. But the problem with these soldiers is that their side arm is a GLOCK
and with all that heavy equipment on them. Their speed is decreased by far which makes them the slowest soldiers and when they walk/run, you can hear their breathe due to the luggage his carrying.

Last edited by Mini_Midget; 09-04-2006 at 04:09.
flintst0nes
Old 09-04-2006 , 06:10   Re: BattleField MOD
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Bread View Post
and yes the test servers are
AustinBotsServer for cz check it out
IP / Port ?

Please click +karma if I was helpful
Dancing Bread
BANNED
Old 09-04-2006 , 09:50   Re: BattleField MOD
Reply With Quote #13

yeah the sound package , is my personal favorites . and the artiary strike has 2 sounds dedicated to itself , strike.wav and the strike_fire.wav . I love these sounds , these sounds are way more realistic then cs or cz could ever possably have . i put thhese sounds together personally . there worth every second

66.55.146.213:27015 AustinBotsServer
ThomasNguyen
Old 09-04-2006 , 10:20   Re: BattleField MOD
Reply With Quote #14

No one came to my server all night yesterday, so i took out bfm_sounds.amxx, will that make it so no one has to download the sounds? because they are huge. Also, the airstrike and all those console commands would be better to be say commands like /airstrike. because most of the people in my server always ask how to do this and that because they never use amx_help. So basically make a message pop up in chat everyone saying all the commands and such

Last edited by ThomasNguyen; 09-04-2006 at 10:26.
Dancing Bread
BANNED
Old 09-04-2006 , 11:19   Re: BattleField MOD
Reply With Quote #15

well i recomend setting up a fast downlaod . it took me like 3 sec per file with a fast download . also theres a battlefield help plugin that i made that came with the pack . type in amx_bfm_help and then it will show all the comadns , classes , ranks , and so on . so tell everyone to look at the bfm_help menu . that way they dont bug you the whole time . thats the reason i made a help menu in the first palce . but if yoo dont have a fast fownlad set up , set one up
SweatyBanana
BANNED
Old 09-04-2006 , 11:29   Re: BattleField MOD
Reply With Quote #16

I just installed this..changing my server name then running
Send a message via AIM to SweatyBanana Send a message via Yahoo to SweatyBanana
Dancing Bread
BANNED
Old 09-04-2006 , 11:35   Re: BattleField MOD
Reply With Quote #17

I added the sma's to the pack for you sweaty . so if you didnt get them yestarday re-downlaod them . Also rememebr fast downalod == great server . my server has been extra full , to the point we had to keep a pass on sometimes , we have fast downlaod set up and it makes it so much easier and better . so i definatly recomend setting up a fast download with this pack . and dont forget the battlefield sounds
SweatyBanana
BANNED
Old 09-04-2006 , 11:50   Re: BattleField MOD
Reply With Quote #18

Yea fast download rocks..I like the mod, but it needs more classes...

I also suggest a cvar to specify if a person stays the same class the whole time and they can change it by typing /class or something..

And the sniper is way too powerful..I suggest making a cvar to specify if they get an auto, awp, or scout..I would also like it if the sniper when he got shot, he would become visible again for a second.

Also can you take the announcement out that says by raphero every time you spawn? It is quite anoying.

And you have a problem with one of your lines in your code..

It says that you changed class and the ! has a space between the class !

EDIT:

I realllly want to see these changes

Oh yea and make the menu disappear when you die.

Last edited by SweatyBanana; 09-04-2006 at 12:04.
Send a message via AIM to SweatyBanana Send a message via Yahoo to SweatyBanana
Dancing Bread
BANNED
Old 09-04-2006 , 12:18   Re: BattleField MOD
Reply With Quote #19

Cool im glad you like it And this mod is awsome when you have afst downlaod and turn the battlefield sounds on , i love it . and ill definatly get those things fixed up . ill try to do most of it today . Im also doing the german language supprot as we speek . and yeah i agree that the sniper is way to powerfull . i changed it for one of my team mates that wanted the auto , origonaly the sniper had the scout . so ill be glad to fix those also remove raphero from the spwan. and i think more classes would be a good idea . this is no where neer finished , im a perfectionist , so i wont stop adding new things and new ideas and making it better till its the best mod in the world ! Mua h hah .lol .but any suggestions of classes and abilities would be great and ill add them in . thanks sweaty !
ThomasNguyen
Old 09-04-2006 , 12:24   Re: BattleField MOD
Reply With Quote #20

i know that but thats the problem. i dont want them bugging me in the first place to see how to open up th help file. its easier to just type /help