This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Current bugs in version 0.1

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

BAILOPAN
Old 03-10-2004 , 14:23  

PM has notified me that he will be reverting to the old compiler until Small or he has time to fix the bugs in it.

Note, this does indeed invalidate the new small engine we are using. Luckily it is backwards compatible with older compilers.
Old 03-10-2004 , 15:01  

when this prog. gets on its feet and all the major bugs are worked out, i will start coding plugins for it.
Send a message via AIM to ThorW634
PM
hello, i am pm
Old 03-10-2004 , 15:36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN
PM has notified me that he will be reverting to the old compiler until Small or he has time to fix the bugs in it.

Note, this does indeed invalidate the new small engine we are using. Luckily it is backwards compatible with older compilers.
well yes, but it should be a bit faster too, because the sysreq.d instructions is not generated by the compiler, it is used by the abstract machine internally (it changes sysreq.c in sysreq.d on load)...
Old 03-10-2004 , 17:37   Event filtering broken!

It seems that the event filtering in register_event is broken.
Take a look at this plugin:

Code:
#include <amxmodx> public death_msg(id) {     new arg1[32], arg2[32], arg3[32]     read_data(1, arg1, 32)     read_data(2, arg2, 32)     read_data(3, arg3, 32)     log_amx("death_msg args: '%s' '%s' '%s'", arg1, arg2, arg3) } public plugin_init() {     register_plugin("event test", "0.1", "tavy")        register_event("DeathMsg", "death_msg", "a", "3=10")     return PLUGIN_CONTINUE }

When you kill someone, it logs lines like:

Code:
[evtest.amx] death_msg args: '6' '5' '0'
The function death_msg should not execute, because the third parameter to DeathMsg can never be 10: it is 1 for headshot, 0 otherwise.

This is probably the reason why we get those "doublekill" messages from miscstats for each kill.

Tested on: Windows 2000, AMXX 0.1, default modules, just this plugin loaded, both Steam & WON.
BAILOPAN
Old 03-10-2004 , 17:38  

Basically, all of the problems seem to be related to this broken event bug. We are currently stress testing and trying to nail the problem down.
Veteran Member
Old 03-10-2004 , 18:49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperBeamer
you can do this but then weapon restriction will not fully work
How so, that is the reason the autobuy and rebuy commands dont work, people think its a bug but yall coded it were they HAVE to be disabled, there is no option to remove the restriction on the command making people think it is a bug.

You mean to tell me removing

Code:
#if !defined NO_STEAM   register_clcmd("cl_setautobuy","blockcommand")   register_clcmd("cl_autobuy","blockcommand")   register_clcmd("cl_setrebuy","blockcommand")   register_clcmd("cl_rebuy","blockcommand")

That will ruin the weapons restriction plugin?

EDIT

Removing #if !defined NO_STEAM gives you one compiling error.

Removing the last 4 lines gives you no compiling error.

BAILOPAN
Old 03-10-2004 , 19:08  

as I said, we're reverting to the older compiler so these things will work.
Veteran Member
Old 03-10-2004 , 19:16  

Ok well I fixed the autobuy and rebuy features by removing

Code:
register_clcmd("cl_setautobuy","blockcommand") register_clcmd("cl_autobuy","blockcommand") register_clcmd("cl_setrebuy","blockcommand") register_clcmd("cl_rebuy","blockcommand")

from the restmenu.amx

I dont have any problems with the rest of the plugin, that is why autobuy and rebuy was restricted.

XAD
Old 03-11-2004 , 05:12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller
Ok well I fixed the autobuy and rebuy features by removing

Code:
register_clcmd("cl_setautobuy","blockcommand") register_clcmd("cl_autobuy","blockcommand") register_clcmd("cl_setrebuy","blockcommand") register_clcmd("cl_rebuy","blockcommand")

from the restmenu.amx

I dont have any problems with the rest of the plugin, that is why autobuy and rebuy was restricted.
BigBaller, did you read the changelog before removing them?? Great move... now it's very easy to buy the weapon you want to restrict...

/X
MagicShot
Old 03-11-2004 , 07:58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAD
BigBaller, did you read the changelog before removing them?? Great move... now it's very easy to buy the weapon you want to restrict...

/X
But the Comands for auto and rebuy should work lol...

Yes..

AWP is my friend

lol
Send a message via MSN to MagicShot Send a message via Yahoo to MagicShot
Closed Thread