This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

A plugin doesn't have a .cfg file.

Post New Thread Reply   

Squallkins
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-31-2016 , 19:10   Re: A plugin doesn't have a .cfg file.
Reply With Quote #11

Try this version (use the .smx provided, do not use Get Plugin), was compiled with your version of Sourcemod.

You can download latest Sourcemod Here
Installing Sourcemod
Upgrading Sourcemod
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (hsm_mirrordmg.sp - 100 views - 6.4 KB)
File Type: smx hsm_mirrordmg.smx (5.0 KB, 40 views)
Crystalline
Old 07-31-2016 , 21:02   Re: A plugin doesn't have a .cfg file.
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:{EK}:. SQUALL View Post
Try this version (use the .smx provided, do not use Get Plugin), was compiled with your version of Sourcemod.

You can download latest Sourcemod Here
Installing Sourcemod
Upgrading Sourcemod
I take it this will work with the most recent Sourcemod version, right? I mean, I intend to update it since I'm also having issues with other plugins and I think not having Sourcemod updated might be the cause of it.
Squallkins
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-31-2016 , 21:31   Re: A plugin doesn't have a .cfg file.
Reply With Quote #13

If you intend to use it with most recent version of Sourcemod, use the Get Plugin button.
Crystalline
Old 08-01-2016 , 01:28   Re: A plugin doesn't have a .cfg file.
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
If you intend to use it with most recent version of Sourcemod, use the Get Plugin button.
I finally got everything to work properly

I decided to go with the .smx file you compiled for my version of SourceMod. The .cfg file was generated, I changed some settings, and now everything's as I want it to be.

I cannot thank you enough for the trouble you must've went through just to help me. Thank you, Squall. I really mean that!

-------------------

Also, so now if I'm having the same issue with another plugin I can just compile it for my SourceMod version? How does one do that? Cause I'm having trouble with another plugin called "Admin Sounds", and I think it might be tied to the same thing. I've tried asking for help on both the thread for the plugin, as well as the thread for another plugin of the same name, which appears to be the updated version of the former, which is "Admin Sounds 1.2.2".

Of course, I'm not entirely sure if my SourceMod version being outdated is the root cause, but it might be? With "Admin Sounds", after having followed the instructions properly, whenever I try to play a sound I get "file probably missing from disk/repository" in the console. What's up with that?

With "Admin Sounds 1.2.2" (which is a rather more complex version of the former) I get another issue, which is the sm_admin_sounds_menu not showing up. The plugin DOES load, since I can use sm_admin_sounds_list and it'll give me a list of my sounds. So maybe if the plugin loads fine the issue might not be my SourceMod version being outdated?

Last edited by Crystalline; 08-01-2016 at 01:29.
Squallkins
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-01-2016 , 01:34   Re: A plugin doesn't have a .cfg file.
Reply With Quote #15

Updating your Sourcemod is essential if you intend to use newer versions of plugins from this forum. Compiling plugins on older versions of Sourcemod is just a workaround, it's not a good solution.
Crystalline
Old 08-01-2016 , 10:37   Re: A plugin doesn't have a .cfg file.
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Updating your Sourcemod is essential if you intend to use newer versions of plugins from this forum. Compiling plugins on older versions of Sourcemod is just a workaround, it's not a good solution.
It's just that the updating process was super complicated; so many files to move around. So much so that I accidentally broke several things in the server, and I had to restore everything. Isn't placing the sourcemod.cfg file in enough to update it? Or is there a less complicated way to do it? Maybe just one or two files?

On the compiling plugins for older versions note, how do I do that?
Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 08-01-2016 , 10:57   Re: A plugin doesn't have a .cfg file.
Reply With Quote #17

Just rename your old addons folder and install SM & MM anew. It's mostly a drag n drop installation. Once you have that working, copy your config files and plugins from your old SM to the new.

To compile plugins, drag the sp file into spcomp (inside /sourcemod/scripting). If the plugin has dependencies, make sure to add their .inc files to scripting/include before compiling it.
Crystalline
Old 08-01-2016 , 15:29   Re: A plugin doesn't have a .cfg file.
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato Uno View Post
Just rename your old addons folder and install SM & MM anew. It's mostly a drag n drop installation. Once you have that working, copy your config files and plugins from your old SM to the new.

To compile plugins, drag the sp file into spcomp (inside /sourcemod/scripting). If the plugin has dependencies, make sure to add their .inc files to scripting/include before compiling it.
I can't find spcomp.exe anywhere inside my sourcemod/scripting folder. Why is that?

Due to that I had to go with the web compiler, but even though the plugin was successfully compiled, it won't load now, and it appears to be the same exact issue I had with MirrorDamage.

My Sourcemod version is 1.4.6, so the web compiler should've made it work, right?

Since I don't have spcomp.exe, could you guys compile this for 1.4.6?

Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (adminsounds.sp - 90 views - 27.5 KB)
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 08-01-2016 , 15:39   Re: A plugin doesn't have a .cfg file.
Reply With Quote #19

The webcompiler is an up-to-date compiler. So no, plugins that it compiles won't work with your 4-year-old version of Sourcemod. The text on the compiler page is a little misleading in that respect.

Last edited by ddhoward; 08-01-2016 at 15:41.
Crystalline
Old 08-01-2016 , 16:08   Re: A plugin doesn't have a .cfg file.
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
The webcompiler is an up-to-date compiler. So no, plugins that it compiles won't work with your 4-year-old version of Sourcemod. The text on the compiler page is a little misleading in that respect.
Alright. Why can't I find spcomp.exe, though? Isn't it supposed to be included in every version of SourceMod? I don't know how that poster did it, but could you compile the file I posted (the .sp) for my version (1.4.6), maybe?