This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Varied Weapon Speeds

Post New Thread Reply   

TaRgEt*TuRkEy
Old 10-13-2007 , 12:13   Re: Varied Weapon Speeds
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jheshka View Post
Not really... If it's a bad plugin, poorly coded... I don't see why anyone would need this.
Not really what? How is this poorly coded? It works 100% exactly to my specification.
Old 10-13-2007 , 12:18   Re: Varied Weapon Speeds
Reply With Quote #12

There is a difference between poorly coded and functional. While your plugin may do something the way it is supposed to, it may not be optimized in the standards permitted on the forum.
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2007 , 13:04   Re: Varied Weapon Speeds
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
It's also funny to mention that plugin submission is getting more and more picked over as submissions keep decreasing. You would think that the forum members/admins would want to try to preserve a good constant rate of plugin submissions instead of critisizing people enough that they want to leave the forums and never submit again. I thought this was AlliedModders, not ElitistModders.
Wrong. Have you thought about maybe it's the fact that Source is out? HL1 as a whole is decreasing in numbers (as it should), as more and more people move to Source, and hopefully to SourceMod. We'd rather have a small collection of great plugins, than a great collection of stupid plugins.

It's not criticizing, it's helping you become a better programmer more than anything. If you don't like it, then leave, we already have enough bad programmers in the world as it is. And your analogy is faulty. In programming, you want to do things the best and most efficient way possible. And if somebody is able to provide you with a better solution, take it. We are an open source community, information is our staple food.
TaRgEt*TuRkEy
Old 10-13-2007 , 13:39   Re: Varied Weapon Speeds
Reply With Quote #14

Well I was more or less commenting on the fact that I was about to update my plugin with M249-M4A1's wonderful code when I was told it was already unapproved. But I wasn't unapproved based on my code, I was unapproved based on nobody here plays HLDM to understand the functionality of my plugin. As shown by Hawk552's quote of _Tool_'s comment. That's the only problem i'm having. But i'm done now... i'll just forget about this one.

Last edited by TaRgEt*TuRkEy; 10-13-2007 at 16:32.
Jheshka
Old 10-13-2007 , 17:01   Re: Varied Weapon Speeds
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaRgEt*TuRkEy View Post
Well I was more or less commenting on the fact that I was about to update my plugin with M249-M4A1's wonderful code when I was told it was already unapproved. But I wasn't unapproved based on my code, I was unapproved based on nobody here plays HLDM to understand the functionality of my plugin. As shown by Hawk552's quote of _Tool_'s comment. That's the only problem i'm having. But i'm done now... i'll just forget about this one.
If you update it, so it's good... You can get it approved...
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 10-14-2007 , 00:27   Re: Varied Weapon Speeds
Reply With Quote #16

Unless it's a useless/redundant plugin in the first place. If so, you'd have to add more functionality or make it better then the current approved one.