This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D1] Glow Item (White) [v1.0.4 | 19-June-2022]

Post New Thread Reply   

Sunyata
Old 05-14-2024 , 07:43   Re: [L4D1] Glow Item (White) [v1.0.4 | 19-June-2022]
Reply With Quote #11

I’ve got a custom plugin for my server named ‘Ping scanner,’ which works in tandem with Marttt’s plugin here, but it also works in tandem with his ‘item beam glow’ plugin. My script could use a professional coder’s touch for broader use for the community here. I’m curious if Marttt would consider enhancing my 'ping' plugin to synergize with his plugins.

Essentially, my plugin emits a ping (beacon ring) that scans and highlights all items for 10 seconds and then deactivates the glow effect. It’s triggered by the ‘F’ (flashlight) key. Here’s a short video demonstrating how it operates.

L4D1 version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-LA7hMqSGA
L4D2 version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts_bzWZy1wA

[EDIT] Out of respect to Marttt, if anyone is interested in refining my plugin script, then message me privately, rather than post in this thread.

Last edited by Sunyata; 05-21-2024 at 01:33. Reason: also added video of l4d2 version of plugin
DonProof
Old 05-19-2024 , 19:09   Re: [L4D1] Glow Item (White) [v1.0.4 | 19-June-2022]
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
I’ve got a custom plugin for my server named ‘Ping scanner,’ which works in tandem with Marttt’s plugin here, but it also works in tandem with his ‘item beam glow’ plugin. My script could use a professional coder’s touch for broader use for the community here. I’m curious if Marttt would consider enhancing my 'ping' plugin to synergize with his plugins.

Essentially, my plugin emits a ping (beacon ring) that scans and highlights all items for 10 seconds, and then deactivates the glow effect. It’s triggered by the ‘F’ (flashlight) key. Here’s a short video demonstrating how it operates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-LA7hMqSGA

Let me know if you are interested in this plugin, I am more than happy to PM my script to you.
Could you send the code privately, I would like to try it in L4D2, if you sell it then I can buy it from you.
Sunyata
Old 05-20-2024 , 01:59   Re: [L4D1] Glow Item (White) [v1.0.4 | 19-June-2022]
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonProof View Post
Could you send the code privately, I would like to try it in L4D2, if you sell it then I can buy it from you.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have two scripts, one for L4D1 and L4D2. However, they operate differently from each other. I think it might be a good idea for me to mention the Ping scanner at Marttt's l4d2 plugin thread too, as it’s a separate plugin altogether. I’ll send you copy of l4d2 script via private message later when I get time, free of charge.
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 05-20-2024 , 08:12   Re: [L4D1] Glow Item (White) [v1.0.4 | 19-June-2022]
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post

Essentially, my plugin emits a ping (beacon ring) that scans and highlights all items for 10 seconds and then deactivates the glow effect. It’s triggered by the ‘F’ (flashlight) key. Here’s a short video demonstrating how it operates.

L4D1 version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-LA7hMqSGA
L4D2 version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts_bzWZy1wA
Hi Sunyata,

Nice idea, I'm very happy to know that I was able to help you to achieve what you've done in your plugin.

As a recommendation, I prefer that you create a separate thread with your plugin, so I'm able to maintain my plugin in this thread as well.

You are allowed to share it on the forum in a specific thread, and you also don't need to keep my name in the "plugin author", coming here and asking was enough for me.

Nowadays, I'm not having much time with plugins because of real life stuff, so I can't improve much the code now.
In the future, I may merge the ideas and keep you in the credits as well.

Good job.