This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

aio_admin(xeroblood)

Post New Thread Reply   

xeroblood
BANNED
Old 02-28-2005 , 18:43  
Reply With Quote #261

Well, UAIO will not be using the AMX Admin Flags for very much, just the general stuff, but the rest is based on Groups...

UAIO doesn't exactly ignore the AMX Admin Flags tho, nor does it supercede them, it just has its own rules to follow on top of the AMX Access Flags..

You can make as many groups as you want and then assign specific command flags to each group..
Example:
Code:
group "grp_vote_typeA"		"vote"		"abcdefghijklmnop"
group "grp_good_typeA"		"good"		"abcdefgh"
group "grp_evil_typeA"		"evil"		"abcdefgh"
group "grp_misc_typeA"		"misc"		"abchijk"

Etc...
Note: The groups are NOT Admin-Groups, but Command-Groups!!

Then you can create as many admins as you want (diff from users.ini) and assign them 4 groups (1 for each type).. In my server I would have 3 Progressive Groups (A, B and C of each type) for the different level admins, I would have 1 Super Group (for me of course), and finally 1 Public Group for commnds that I would grant to the public players (like Vote Map, Vote Gag)...

The flags in the groups relate to each command accessible through UAIO... Like, Flag a of the evil-type commands is Ban Temp, so any admin with Command-Group "grp_evil_typeA" will be allowed to ban (according to example above)

I hope that makes sense to you!
Send a message via MSN to xeroblood
TooL
Old 03-01-2005 , 13:38  
Reply With Quote #262

Yes it makes perfect sense - thanks for the info!
Veteran Member
Old 03-02-2005 , 13:38  
Reply With Quote #263

I see that xero is testing out UAIO on my server .
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
xeroblood
BANNED
Old 03-02-2005 , 17:55  
Reply With Quote #264

That's mainly why I have three types, for your admins!! Since you have 3 different levels of admins, I am making UAIO with a default of 3 Admin types: A, B and C.. But also the public group and the Super User group (You, Lenn, and Myself) so it is pretty well rounded...

The three groups also serve as a good example for others installing the plugin too...

To test it out on the server, you could use:
uaio_menu (Admin or not) and see what you get!!

All commands in UAIO are prefixed with uaio_ so finding them in amx_help is easy (all grouped together near the end of list)
Send a message via MSN to xeroblood
d3th_viper
Old 03-06-2005 , 15:07   About the aio_help menu
Reply With Quote #265

Today I added the aio_plugin Great fun works awesome for me! good job xeroblood and of course kingpin too Ive read from page 1 june 2004 to current just to figure out how to get the help menu and warning menu to work! this has been brought up a few times! and come to fine out that when you type aio_help it brings up a blank screen with the path that its looking for...
so I know how to edit sma files and aio_admin.cfg file but cant seem to find the path for it so i can fix it! Lord destros has all ready mentioned whats wrong [list]sorry wrong file location
the warning.htm is currently here
addons\amxmodx\config\aio_html\aio_warning.ht m

while it should be here
addons\amxmodx\configs\aio_html\aio_warning.h tm

so since i cant fix the path its looking for i just made a new file in amxmodx named it config So if you could tell me how to edit where this path is located in what file. I could fix the path and delete the config file and put the files where they belong

So any one that is having a problem with there aio_help command Do this make a folder in amxmodx file name it config put your aio_ html folder in it then restart server should fix the problem!

thnx agian and hope you can fix this erro

edited: also i forgot! to get the warning screen to work. If you dont know how! in your aio_menu theres Warning option that brings up the warning screen.
QuicKsanD
Old 03-07-2005 , 19:01  
Reply With Quote #266

For some reason I can not get this to work. I put the amxx file into plugins and I put aio_admin.amxx into plugins.ini. What else is there to do? On my clan server they have this and it is an awsome plug-in.
d3th_viper
Old 03-07-2005 , 20:50  
Reply With Quote #267

what commands our you using
to get it to work?
QuicKsanD
Old 03-08-2005 , 17:37  
Reply With Quote #268

umm..i think i just got it to work but i am not sure..i put amxx into plugins,sma into scripting and i put aio_admin.amxx into plugins.ini..I recently just now went into modules.ini and enabled engine so i think it works now..not sure though.. thank you for the time
Old 03-25-2005 , 12:03   crashes
Reply With Quote #269

When i run this plugin it crashes my deticated server after a couple rounds.. [i use bots] It compiled ok and i put everything where it needed to be. the plugin works great exept for the crashing part :/
Send a message via AIM to 21
Old 03-25-2005 , 12:04   crashes
Reply With Quote #270

When i run this plugin it crashes my deticated server after a couple rounds.. [i use bots] It compiled ok and i put everything where it needed to be. the plugin works great exept for the crashing part :/
Send a message via AIM to 21