This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Anti Sven Coop Drop Plugin [Version 3]

Post New Thread Reply   

VEN
Veteran Member
Old 01-06-2007 , 15:00   Re: Anti Sven Coop Drop Plugin [Version 2]
Reply With Quote #21

You are using engine forward client_PreThink so you should include engine as well.

Also that will allow to load the engine module automatically (if it was disabled).
LeGone
Old 01-06-2007 , 15:28   Re: Anti Sven Coop Drop Plugin [Version 2]
Reply With Quote #22

is it ok now ?
Old 01-09-2007, 14:03
VEN
This message has been deleted by VEN. Reason: ok, i have something to say in the next post
VEN
Veteran Member
Old 01-09-2007 , 14:48   Re: Anti Sven Coop Drop Plugin [Version 2]
Reply With Quote #23

Previously you had:
Quote:
nodroptext = register_cvar("amx_nodroptext", "[ASCDP] Sorry, you cannot drop this weapon.")
Now you have:
Quote:
nodroptext = register_cvar("amx_nodroptext", "[ASCDP] Sorry, you canīt drop this weapon. selfmade***net.de")
Is there any essential reason for that? Seems like an advertisement to me. I do not think this is a good idea.

Why do you use the value of 50? There are absolutely no reason for exactly 50, can you make it 777? I like it more than 50.

Also you shouldn't repeat absolutely the same block of code numerous times, this is unnecessarily and should be eliminated.

Also i do not think you fully understand what you are doing. Your variable manipulation are quite confusing while there are much cleaner way.

Since this is your first plugin you can see how many issues it had and how many is still here. That's why we always recommend to not release the "first" plugins. The reason is simple. You have to learn AMX Mod X scripting basics before releasing your work to the public. In other case this usually results in its unapproval, like in this case.

Last edited by VEN; 01-09-2007 at 14:58.
LeGone
Old 01-09-2007 , 18:33   Re: Anti Sven Coop Drop Plugin [Version 2]
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEN View Post
Previously you had:

Now you have:Is there any essential reason for that? Seems like an advertisement to me. I do not think this is a good idea.
no, theres no essential reason for that. fixed

Quote:
Why do you use the value of 50? There are absolutely no reason for exactly 50, can you make it 777? I like it more than 50.
Seems you donīt understand ... yes you can change it to 777, but i donīt support that ... i dont recommend to change the value

Quote:
Also you shouldn't repeat absolutely the same block of code numerous times, this is unnecessarily and should be eliminated.
fixed

Quote:
Also i do not think you fully understand what you are doing. Your variable manipulation are quite confusing while there are much cleaner way.
yes

Quote:
Since this is your first plugin you can see how many issues it had and how many is still here. That's why we always recommend to not release the "first" plugins. The reason is simple. You have to learn AMX Mod X scripting basics before releasing your work to the public. In other case this usually results in its unapproval, like in this case.
No, i donīt have to learn the "basics" of AMXX ... but i donīt got a problem with "unapproval"

Last edited by LeGone; 01-10-2007 at 06:22.
Skyrider
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 01-10-2007 , 12:29   Re: Anti Sven Coop Drop Plugin [Version 3]
Reply With Quote #25

It's odd that this is unapproved, the fact that this hugely stops the glitch in svencoop is just great. Also, I've PM'd you another bug.
Old 01-10-2007 , 13:12   Re: Anti Sven Coop Drop Plugin [Version 3]
Reply With Quote #26

ah thanks, i fixed it ^^
Trent-Resnor
Old 01-11-2007 , 16:40   Re: Anti Sven Coop Drop Plugin [Version 3]
Reply With Quote #27

Well, the reason why it was unapproved was due to the fact (please dont take offence to this legone) that it didn't use the 1.76c standards which are posted. if i am correct. Happend to my electric crowbar one aswell.
Old 01-12-2007 , 10:34   Re: Anti Sven Coop Drop Plugin [Version 3]
Reply With Quote #28

no, I really dont take that offence ^^
but i done all things VEN said to do ... every time