This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

UFBCOM AntiCheat V3

Post New Thread Reply   

joaquimandrade
Veteran Member
Old 04-15-2009 , 12:57   Re: UFBCOM AntiCheat V3
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
But if the option is enabled by default, it is not okay. I also do not feel that the autoupdate feature is allowed and I shall address this with an admin later.
In fact, there is another issue with this plugin. I have nothing to do with that but since we're talking about rules I will give my opinion:

This plugin relies on it's users distribuiting a closed source client that can have full access to client's computers. So, by having this plugin approved, is like to state that the way of how information is taken from clients and used, is supported and trusted by Allied Modders.
__

Other thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackziner View Post
The only purpose of the updater is to prevent "bugs" such as involontary DoS with people that try to modify the plugin (it happenned 2 times with ffac).
That's not an excuse. If that's the way to prevent DoS attacks then, if a user voluntarily changes the plugin to not autoupdate, it can still cause attacks. That means that a solution must be server-side.
Old 04-15-2009, 20:08
YamiKaitou
This message has been deleted by YamiKaitou. Reason: I got a response, making new post with it
lowled
Old 04-16-2009 , 14:13   Re: UFBCOM AntiCheat V3
Reply With Quote #22

hello

1/ plzzz add a menu to choose the person we want a screen shot ( i dont want all time to have all player screen shot)

2/ do something to know who has UFBCOM installed on the server (spy menu ?)

3/ when i write the command in say , everybody read that, i think it will be better if not ( or change in a un anderstood word like for /screenshotall --> /ssa or in console ^^

all of that with a big "PLEASE"
Old 04-16-2009 , 15:03   Re: UFBCOM AntiCheat V3
Reply With Quote #23

Per BAILOPAN, since the client program is closed source, we can not approve this plugin. Therefore I am unapproving it now. If you later release the code for the client program, we will gladly re-review the plugin and determine the approval status at that time.

Also, his comment on the autoupdating of the plugin is as follows:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN
My personal opinion is that such functionality should be off by default, and opt-in if users want it. Then they are accepting the responsibility.

I also think, no matter what, it MUST also download a copy of the source code.

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
hackziner
Old 04-16-2009 , 16:05   Re: UFBCOM AntiCheat V3
Reply With Quote #24

Hum... Let's say... move back the plugin to submission and let me the time to update the plugin and answer all the questions ?
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 04-16-2009 , 17:40   Re: UFBCOM AntiCheat V3
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Hum... Let's say... move back the plugin to submission and let me the time to update the plugin and answer all the questions ?
Will the source code be released for everything? If not, then no

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
hackziner
Old 04-16-2009 , 18:44   Re: UFBCOM AntiCheat V3
Reply With Quote #26

Happy to see joadquimandrade's opinion...
but despair of Yamikaitou (I didn't know you were in love with TS)

Quote:
My personal opinion is that such functionality should be off by default, and opt-in if users want it. Then they are accepting the responsibility.

I agree, it would be nice to be able to download the source and compile the program... (et la marmotte elle met le chocolat dans le papier alu). Now the function is disabled by default.

Quote:
Per BAILOPAN, since the client program is closed source, we can not approve this plugin
You should have quote bail here too...

As the client is not mandory for the plugin ... I don't see the problem.
The plugin respects the plugin submissions rules...

Quote:
This plugin relies on it's users distribuiting a closed source client that can have full access to client's computers. So, by having this plugin approved, is like to state that the way of how information is taken from clients and used, is supported and trusted by Allied Modders.
The server plugin doesn't grab any informations about client.
The client "informations" are temporary sent to the server (no permanant storage, except for cheater proofs).
Same "problem" has sxe injected of other anticheat with a client side software. When you install the client you have to agree two times the licence that clearly explain the behavior and all the functions of the program.

changes:
now with default cvar it acts as a banlist that allows to report suspicious players.
You can (option) active the client requirement.
Autoupdate is disabled by default

lowled requests: on going
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 04-16-2009 , 19:03   Re: UFBCOM AntiCheat V3
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
You should have quote bail here too...
Ask and you shall receive. Here is the entire conversation

Quote:
Definitely do not approve anything closed source. We can't verify it.

Regards,
--
David Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou
I agree, thanks for your opinion. Any comment on the client program though? Not sure if we can really force the source code out of him since it is not tied to metamod as far as I can tell.

Quote:
This is a tough issue.

Regards,
--
David Anderson
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou
Bail, Roach, or Sawce

Not sure who wants to take it up but joaquimandrade brings up a good point. The plugin offers automated updates by downloading the amxx file from their servers (at least that is what I understand). I am sure this is against some rule as the amxx file is being loaded onto the server without any user interaction. I am also not sure about the client side program, since that is closed source. If one (or all) could look into this and comment on it, I would appreciate it. Thanks

Plugin Thread: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=89947
Quote:
The server plugin doesn't grab any informations about client.
The client "informations" are temporary sent to the server (no permanant storage, except for cheater proofs).
Same "problem" has sxe injected of other anticheat with a client side software. When you install the client you have to agree two times the licence that clearly explain the behavior and all the functions of the program.
We have no proof of this. All we have is your words. Without the source code, your words are almost meaningless.

Quote:
I agree, it would be nice to be able to download the source and compile the program...
Does that mean that the plugin (when it autoupdates) will download both the AMXX and the SMA files? If not, that could be seen as going against the GPL since you are distributing the binary without the source.

Also note that this is a community driven on Open Sourced code. Posting closed sourced material is not really welcomed in these types of communities.

hasta
Old 04-17-2009 , 06:27   Re: UFBCOM AntiCheat V3
Reply With Quote #28

new version compil with error
Send a message via ICQ to hasta
-=[BFC]=- Shooter_McGavin
Old 04-17-2009 , 07:18   Re: UFBCOM AntiCheat V3
Reply With Quote #29

Hi hackziner

Is it possible to add the plugin?

1.Do not show bots in /forcemenu

2.When "ufbcomlite_required 0" and a connecting Player hasnīt run UFBCOM he becomes a new clantag like [No UFBv3] or [No-AC]

greetz Shooter
Old 04-17-2009 , 12:42   Re: UFBCOM AntiCheat V3
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Hi hackziner

Is it possible to add the plugin?

1.Do not show bots in /forcemenu

2.When "ufbcomlite_required 0" and a connecting Player hasnīt run UFBCOM he becomes a new clantag like [No UFBv3] or [No-AC]

greetz Shooter
Yes, I'll try to do that in the next version
Quote:
new version compil with error
Webcompiler problem.... Seems to work now.

AANNNNDDDDDD NNoooowww YamiKaitou (((((:

First of all, you haven't read the last update before answering.
To sum up, now by default the plugin act as a banlist that warn when a watched guy come and so on. The client has never been mandatory.

Quote:
Definitely do not approve anything closed source. We can't verify it.

Regards,
--
David Anderson
To answer your (probably) miss interpretation (I agree with bail's answer) let's take this plugin:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=246797

It's an approved IRC Bot.

Like UFBCOM, there are three part:
  • amxx plugin
  • a server: the ufbcom server for this plugin and probably ircd-irc2 for the irc bot
  • a client program: here the OPTIONNAL ufbcom client and for the ircbot Mirc for example.
Both provide access to a "service". Here we are talking about the access of the service. You can connect all kind of irc client to a irc server. If you want to do you own UFBCOM Client, you're free ! At least there is a difference between this plugin and the irc bot... here the client software is not mandatory to use the plugin. If you have no client with the irc bot plugin it's useless

My questions are:

what are you supposed to approved ?
Are you sure that you are really trying to (un)approuve the right thing ?