This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Latest Splash Screen

Post New Thread Reply   

TheNewt
Donor
Old 09-27-2006 , 10:34   Re: Latest Splash Screen
Reply With Quote #21

Well gee, thanks for calling me a nub. =/

Quote:
Anime is an abbreviation of the English word "animation" but in Japanese is spelled アニメーション (animēshon) written in katakana.
Anime is broadcast on Television distributed on media such as DVD and VHS, or included in computer and video games.
Anime is often influenced by Japanese comics known as manga.
The History of Anime begins at the start of the 20th century, when Japanese filmmakers experimented with the animation techniques
Manga is the Japanese word for comics and print cartoons.
Thank you google!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticDeath
Both are Japanese in base.
I said Japanese in BASE, meaning origination. I was correct.

Quote:
Manga is generally a comic styled Anime pictures.
Yeah so that was worded inproperly, Manga is a comic with the same drawing style as anime, not the same entirely in the due process of creation. -_-

Quote:
Anime means Animation, it usually is shown on TV or on the Computer.
AND IT IS, you don't see animation in comic books, you see still, drawn pictures on a sheet of paper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charming
anime is a form of animation but also a drawling style noob,
Didn't say it wasn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charming
and is actually mostly shown in flip books in china and jap gg noob.
Your wrong, It is mostly shown in books from Japan
The flip book comics from China are called Manhua
Manhua is generally a translated version of a Japanese Manga, other ones are also then even based off Japanese mangas.

Now so you don't cry about the wording:
Manhua is a Calque of Manga, meaning a literal translation from the Japanese word.

And if you wanted to bring in China, why not bring in American made mangas, by American authors, why not bring in Manhwa from Korea, why not bring in everything based off of Japanese Mangas in the entire history of everything?

PS: Still plenty of luv for you here

Last edited by TheNewt; 09-27-2006 at 10:40.
wonsae
Old 09-27-2006 , 11:02   Re: Latest Splash Screen
Reply With Quote #22

KERPWNT.
Charming
BANNED
Old 09-27-2006 , 17:21   Re: Latest Splash Screen
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticDeath View Post
Well gee, thanks for calling me a nub. =/

Thank you google!

I said Japanese in BASE, meaning origination. I was correct.

Yeah so that was worded inproperly, Manga is a comic with the same drawing style as anime, not the same entirely in the due process of creation. -_-

AND IT IS, you don't see animation in comic books, you see still, drawn pictures on a sheet of paper!

Didn't say it wasn't

Your wrong, It is mostly shown in books from Japan
The flip book comics from China are called Manhua
Manhua is generally a translated version of a Japanese Manga, other ones are also then even based off Japanese mangas.

Now so you don't cry about the wording:
Manhua is a Calque of Manga, meaning a literal translation from the Japanese word.

And if you wanted to bring in China, why not bring in American made mangas, by American authors, why not bring in Manhwa from Korea, why not bring in everything based off of Japanese Mangas in the entire history of everything?

Your going to tell me about my original culture are you ? fucking idiot.
Send a message via ICQ to Charming Send a message via AIM to Charming Send a message via MSN to Charming Send a message via Yahoo to Charming
allenwr
Veteran Member
Old 09-27-2006 , 20:43   Re: Latest Splash Screen
Reply With Quote #24

horray for locks!

/*edit

i simply asked a question, either way, anime is nice if your just drawing a picture, but IMO anime on tv is a drawn soap-opera = dumb idea

more on that, violence in those cartoons is off the chart compared to bugs bunny, but yet everyone and their mother flames the older cartoons for hitting some on in the face with a frying pan, or smoking a ciggaret... but its "a-ok" to chop some ones arm off with a sword and beat the to death with it.*/

Last edited by allenwr; 09-27-2006 at 20:46.
Send a message via ICQ to allenwr Send a message via Yahoo to allenwr
allenwr
Veteran Member
Old 09-27-2006 , 20:54   Re: Latest Splash Screen
Reply With Quote #25

not to spam, but there is some one out there who just joined these forums and is out to get me on karma, i have 2 attempted karma hits saying im a "n00b" and "F - you! anime owns"

you sir suck at life and need to put a gun in your mouth
Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 09-27-2006 , 20:56   Re: Latest Splash Screen
Reply With Quote #26

Since we are at it :-P

http://fc.alliedmods.net/image/wall.jpg
allenwr
Veteran Member
Old 09-27-2006 , 20:57   Re: Latest Splash Screen
Reply With Quote #27

i like it
TheNewt
Donor
Old 09-27-2006 , 21:04   Re: Latest Splash Screen
Reply With Quote #28

Your culture does not consist of only anime. Also just for your information, I know you don't like people telling you about your own culture. You feel that you should be the all top of all thing for your origination. But you know what, I have people who come to me EVERY DAY asking me about things, assuming things about me, and assume I know or try to top me off.
Don't cry about it. This isn't about culture, I said I loved your picture. He asked the difference from Anime and Manga, and I answer. And I'm sorry that my answer is different then yours. But just becuase you were born there doesn't mean you instantly know everything about it!
Thats like asking an African American about the culture of a specific tribe in Africa when him and his ancestors have lived in America for hundreds of years. Get over yourself no one truelly cares where you come from.
And how do you know that I'm not Japanese myself? For all you know your challenging me about my culture too!
allenwr
Veteran Member
Old 09-27-2006 , 21:06   Re: Latest Splash Screen
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticDeath View Post
Your culture does not consist of only anime. Also just for your information, I know you don't like people telling you about your own culture. You feel that you should be the all top of all thing for your origination. But you know what, I have people who come to me EVERY DAY asking me about things, assuming things about me, and assume I know or try to top me off.
Don't cry about it. This isn't about culture, I said I loved your picture. He asked the difference from Anime and Manga, and I answer. And I'm sorry that my answer is different then yours. But just becuase you were born there doesn't mean you instantly know everything about it!
Thats like asking an African American about the culture of a specific tribe in Africa when him and his ancestors have lived in America for hundreds of years. Get over yourself no one truelly cares where you come from.
And how do you know that I'm not Japanese myself? For all you know your challenging me about my culture too!
are you japanese?
TheNewt
Donor
Old 09-27-2006 , 21:06   Re: Latest Splash Screen
Reply With Quote #30

No, haha thanks for asking. Debunked my entire ending argument. XD