This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Pipe Bomb Model Changer (beer bottles, watermelons, etc.)

Post New Thread Reply   

abelp
Old 10-06-2008 , 03:14   Re: Pipe Bomb Model Changer (beer bottles, watermelons, etc.)
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyruxpin View Post
I changed this plugin up just a bit to allow some other models. LDuke asked that I post the changes here.

1: Change the Pipe Bomb Remote to small medikits (pill bottles)
dhpipebomb.sp

2: Change the rockets to fire cakes from portal. <--- HAVE NOT FULLY TESTED YET. WILL UPDATE TONIGHT IF BROKEN
dhrocket.sp

Note these WILL NOT build on the web compiler. You will need to have LDuke ext loaded before they will build.

I have also attached the *.smx files for you lazy folks

-Teddy
Rockets dont work for me. They dont shoot cake
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-06-2008 , 13:31   Re: Pipe Bomb Model Changer (beer bottles, watermelons, etc.)
Reply With Quote #22

Yeah, the portal models aren't available in TF2. You could always add it to the downloads list as a custom model though.
teddyruxpin
Overseer of lost packets
Old 10-06-2008 , 14:20   Re: Pipe Bomb Model Changer (beer bottles, watermelons, etc.)
Reply With Quote #23

I have not had any luck getting the projectile to change for the rockets be it a HL2 / TF2 or Portal based model. I will try more this week and see what I can do. I have had a tonne of fun with this plugin so far having the demo man tossing saw blades from TF2 and Sandvidchs. The sawblades where lagging things out a bit so I switched to the Axtinguisher and damn does it look good flying through the air.

-Teddy

My Crappy Plugins: SuperBuilds, Parent Buildables,
L4D Player Info
abelp
Old 10-06-2008 , 14:22   Re: Pipe Bomb Model Changer (beer bottles, watermelons, etc.)
Reply With Quote #24

I bet...
Can you also mod other weapons?
PLEASE>>>>
imported_Anth0ny
Old 10-07-2008 , 02:53   Re: Pipe Bomb Model Changer (beer bottles, watermelons, etc.)
Reply With Quote #25

+1 to request
Send a message via ICQ to imported_Anth0ny
MiTaReX
Old 10-11-2008 , 11:29   Re: Pipe Bomb Model Changer (beer bottles, watermelons, etc.)
Reply With Quote #26

I'm sorry, but where can I download models? Because there is only smx file, but if I push Get Plugin it shows: "Plugin failed to compile! Please try contacting the author."
L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 10-11-2008 , 11:49   Re: Pipe Bomb Model Changer (beer bottles, watermelons, etc.)
Reply With Quote #27

The two models in the example are HL2 models and do not need to be downloaded separately.

The plugin requires an extension, so the automatic compiler doesn't work. Just download the .smx file linked below the .sp/.smx combination link.
MiTaReX
Old 10-11-2008 , 12:37   Re: Pipe Bomb Model Changer (beer bottles, watermelons, etc.)
Reply With Quote #28

L. Duke Thanks, I've already understood about models, but you gave me good news about auto-compiler, thanks!
CrimsonGT
Veteran Member
Old 10-16-2008 , 11:39   Re: Pipe Bomb Model Changer (beer bottles, watermelons, etc.)
Reply With Quote #29

Is there any way to strip the particle effect off of it to apply your own?
Old 10-16-2008 , 11:53   Re: Pipe Bomb Model Changer (beer bottles, watermelons, etc.)
Reply With Quote #30

I've never looked. The particle may be a tempent in which case it would be possible, but it may be a client-side addition in which case it wouldn't.

SM has some hooks for tempents, you could try hooking the creation of TEParticleEffect and see if you get anything.